Sign in to follow this  
Guest bdiregolo

IRQ Settings

Guest bdiregolo

Hi everyone,I read somewhere on the fourm that changing the IRQ settings on your sound card will stop the sound flickers. However, when I tried to change the IRQ settings, I couldnt figure it out:-hmmm. Can someone give me some direction on how to do this, I would really appreciate it...these sound flickerings are starting to get annoying.

Guest ba747heavy

Move the card to a different slot on the board.

Guest Eternal

If you are running Windows XP, you really shouldn't have to mess around with your IRQs.

Guest bdiregolo

I am running XP but I still get the annoying sound flutter. Anyone have any other suggestions? I didnt change the card on the board yet...has that owrked for people?

Guest Ken_Salter

I think your prob is the IRQ sharing of the sound card and (most likely) your video card. You can find out by opening Device Manager and looking at your IRQ.Solution, move your sound card to a diff PCI slot.