Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

Fuel Planner Utility (Beta)

Guest rcarlson123

Hi all,As I was reading the cruise planning document and the fuel planning worksheets, I thought it might be useful to have a small utility program to do the calculations for me. So, I wrote a small application which allows me to enter the cruise altitude, trip distance, reserve fuel, and a few other parameters, and it calculates the necessary fuel loadout and sets the tank levels via FSUIPC. I decided to release the program as freeware (currently in beta form) to the PMDG community for testing and feedback, in hopes that others will find it useful.Take a look at this page for details, including a screenshot:http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/If you don't have a registered version of FSUIPC, you won't be able to use a couple minor features of the program, and you'll have to manually set the fuel tank levels, but the main functionality will be there. If you have a registered version of FSUIPC, the program will automatically set the fuel levels for you. I'm going to try to get the program accredited with Pete Dowson so that it won't matter if your FSUIPC is registered or not.Anyway, feel free to download the program and try it out. There is no installation process necessary, just download the file and run it.If any of you 737NG gurus could mess around with it a bit and see if I made any omissions in the fuel planning process, I would really appreciate any feedback.Enjoy!

Guest bigun

Ross,Just downloaded and did a quick fuel calculation. Works great! Thanks a lot. Look forward to the additional features you talked about. This really makes things a lot easier.Thanks Again

Guest Floyd312

Ross,I just downloaded it and it looks great Thanks so much for sharing it. I'm hoping to do a couple of flights this weekend and I'll let you know how it works out.Thanks again!

Guest hirsch944

Ross,A great contribution to the community! Thanks, this is one of the most intuitive FP's out there that I've seen. I just have to do a little research to find out conversions of realistic taxi time (mins) to taxi fuel burned (lbs) Perhaps one of the r/w airliner pilots could shed some light on this for me. What would be considered realistic taxi times, APU times, holding pattern contingencies, etc? I realize this probably varies greatly in the real world. I've seen fellow simmers throw around different amounts for these inputs. And FS taxiing used to be fairly quick when you only had to deal with the blokes from Airwave and Emerald Harbor. But with my UT AI traffic, I've been 'chillin' on the taxiways a lot longer.Thanks again for the program, Dave HirschbuhlChief Operating OfficerEagle Express Virtual Airlineswww.EagleExpressVA.com

Guest Hugo Frey

RossThanks for the great tool. I have seen that it will not connect with FS2002, even I use a registered FSUPIC.DLL. Is there something to adjust in the settings.Thanks.

Guest Matze2912

This is an awesome tool! Thank you very much! One suggestion:Could you try to make one version for the european captains here with KGS units?Thanks!Matthias Hoheisel

Guest HepburnUGA

Hey Ross, Initial impressions are so far so good. Would it be possible to insert logic so that the center tank always has at least 1000lbs of fuel (which I believe is required by most company SOPs -- sorry if this is misinformed). I think this 1000lbs is in addition to the reserve fuel required in each wing tank.Thanks!Jeff

Guest ba747heavy

Thank you sir, a most useful utility.

Thank you!!!!!Very nice utility!!!!Essono Fritz

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

hi Ross, I am having a strange problem with it, worked perfectly yesterday but today when I try to start it up it gives me this error "Run-Time Error '9' subscript out of range". This happens wheather or not I have fs2004 running before or after I start the fuel utility. Ive tried deleting it and redownloading it off your website and get the same error :-(.Andrew

Guest rcarlson123

Hrm ... I bet it's a problem with the saved settings for the program, which are kept in your registry. Are you familiar with registry editing?

Guest ZLA_JY

I got the same problem but from the get-go. First time I used it, I started FS2004 first, and then when trying to enter values, constantly kept getting the runtime error. It took around 10 tries where I could finally input everything and get the fuel loaded to the aircraft. This is a utility that I was looking for immensely. I understand that it's a beta. I sincerely hope the kinks are able to be worked out. Keep at it!!! =)

Ross,Thanks very much for your Fuel Utility ... very needed and EXTREMELY WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you!!!and Happy New Year!

Guest rjjoost

Hi Ross,Thanks for the fuelplanner. I've used it today for a "long" flight from KLAX to PHNL. The fuelplanner is great but I found out that the PMDG loadmanager was giving me an other maximum taxi weight than the fuelplanner. PMDG loadmanager: 153500, fuelplanner: 133500.Looking into this I found the 133500 in the PMDG Limitations Manual but I still didn't feel it was right. I had my plane not completly loaded and I could forget a trip to Honolulu because of the amount of fuel I couldn't take with me. Leaving my family behind was an other option. I didn't like that :-) A search on the forum came up with this link. [http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=14786&mode=full]Thanks again Ross, it's highly appreciated.Regards,Ruud