Sign in to follow this  
Guest MSMITH6

Radar Altitude on PFD

Guest MSMITH6

Am I dreaming, or didn't the green text for the Radar Altitude reading on the PFD have a default value of 200ft. on startup? My now has 328 for some reason. What have I changed? I know how to set it, but what causes the 328' reading on the ground at any location?Thanks

Guest lbb

Hi Mike,I don't think much has changed here. I remember that this was discussed some months ago, I think even before SU1. I'm not sure if I always had 328, but I do know that I had it at least some of the time.Leo Bakker

Guest Ray CYYZ

Not to go off topic, but that is not your radar altimeter, it is your minimums callout setting for landing.Ray

Guest MSMITH6

Ray-I know that is what it is for, but the question is about what has caused 328' to become what appears to be a default setting. It seems like 200' was in 1.1. Pushing the center of the setting button sets it to 200'. Why is this so?Thanks-

Guest Ray CYYZ

Thats probably what it was set to when the "cold & dark" was saved. Don't look for logic from the last flight crew, expect everything possible to be set wrong and you'll never have a problem ;)It's a standard cockpit prep checklist item, so why worry about it? I wish they had a randomize cockpit switches option to keep things interesting.If you really want, pull out the FRM and submit the code to the maint crew at PMDG ;)Ray

"I know that is what it is for, but the question is about what has caused 328' to become what appears to be a default setting."This item came up during beta testing, Mike. Apparently there is no fix because of the way MSFS is programmed. As mentioned on the forum a few days ago, there are other problems in the area of DH which may need to be looked at for the -800/-900 series.Cheers.Ian.

Guest MSMITH6

Ian-Thanks for the reply! Why would it work with the 1st version of the 737 but not the 2nd? It's still using FS9.

"Why would it work with the 1st version of the 737 but not the 2nd? "Good question, Mike.... I'll hand you over to the (real) experts ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest lbb

Hi guys,Just started up FS2002 with the 737NG. Never bothered to upgrade there, so it comes in handy when comparing things.Guess what the standard altitude is?Leo Bakker(Answer: exactly 100 meters. Well, almost exactly, it's more like ... the mysterious 328 feet! Could this be the reason behind it, a simple conversion error somewhere in the background?)