Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

Keep HDG or keep TRK by creating a sid.

Hi folks,I got a small question.Wats most used by creating SIDS or STARS: keep HDG until....orkeep TRK until....And thats a part i dont understand 100%wats the exact difference between those to figures?thanks,Ramon.

Guest DannyV

KEEP HDG does just that, maintains the current heading of the aircraft.KEEP TRK takes wind into account and ensures the track over the ground is the same, irrespective of the wind.All SIDs in Australia specify TRACKS to fly, so I use TRK ### mostly.Happy creating...Cheers,Danny Vickers :-waveAdelaide, Australia

Guest pagotan

Hi,If I am not wrong the answer to your question can be found on page 3 left column bottom of Terry's manual under the heading 2. HDG VECTORS. It reads:QuoteNote: When using a HDG degrees or KEEP HDG the plane's course will be changed by wind direction and sped. Using TRK degrees or KEEP TRK will keep the plane on a course and correct for the wind affects.unquoteIt is followed by examplesMichael

Guest Rizzibird

Heo!Check the routing part of a SID chart because there you always have a description of a departure procedure and it is always stated weather you have to use TRK (track, bearing, course) or HDG (heading).Regards, Nejc