Sign in to follow this  
Guest vholland

Sounds with the 737NG

Guest lbb

Yes, I've been wondering about that too. In fact, I'm not even sure it's entirely true. As far as I know flaps are retracted during taxi, after leaving the runway.Boeing FCTM:When clear of the active runway, the pilot taxiin positions the speed brake lever to the DOWN detent and the pilot not taxiing accomplishes the following:SPEED BRAKE lever verify DOWNFLAP lever UPetc.Leo Bakker

Guest vholland

Logical Question.I have family members ill and cranky and need to be able to hear in the next room. Also the ill and cranky part is why the beep is especially intolerable. BTW: It's a laptop that's not running external speakers.I'm now getting the beeping sound whenever I start the battery and go to ground power. I'm going to bouble check that throttles are truly at idle and I'll get back with ya'll.--Van Holland

Guest Don Harrison

Just FYI, leaving the runway and taxing to the gate with flaps in the full down position is another indication of a possible hijacking. Just like using the word Trip is another. You will never or at least you shouldn't ever hear the word trip uttered by either ATC or Pilots. Just FYIDon Harrison

Guest Jens Peter

Hej Van HollandI have to support you !!!the beeping is a pain for mee too. I can avoid it when taxiing, but during TO its just unbearable. Im sure no 737 jockey would accept this kind of noice during TO in real life. A sure treath for security.Using headphones ect. is not the way, so again, can someone come up with a waterproof solution.Best regards and happy New Year to AllJP ;o)

JP,If it's beeping during takeoff, then the takeoff config is wrong - either the parking brakes are on, or the flaps aren't set correctly.IRL they don't have the beep unless they're doing something wrong ;)

Guest Jens Peter

Hej Ian, thanks for reply.The problems is, anyhow, that trim, flaps, trust etc is ok, and it goes with our without FMC. When airborne the terrible blipping stops.I know this bird (DF etc) because i have flown them houndres of hours, and i dident have the prob before SU2.Best Regards JP ;o)

Could it possibly have something to do with the auto brake? You are supposed to set it to RTO before pushback and keep it that way until airbourne???? Im not completely sure but maybe thats the problem....Interesting about the Flaps down= problem when they are deployed after landing... is it similar to Squaking 7700 in the Transponder?Cheers,Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest Jens Peter

Hello RyanIm aware of the RTO setting, but found out that prob. has something to do with checking the Spoilers/speedbrakes in preflight prep.if you do that, the terrible beeping dosent stop before you are airborne, no matter they are in detent during TO. Maybee a bug, maybee as in a real 737NG, i dont know. I would like to hear if it works same way for others ??.(Re squawking. 7700 is Emergency / 7500 is Hijacking / 7600 radioOut)Thanks for reply, take care JP ;o)