Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eternal

AP Disengages on View Switch

Guest Eternal

I modified my panel.cfg so I can check out the nice wing views, but I noticed that when I switch back from the side views to looking forward, I get the AP disengage horn and it cuts out.It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be annoying. To reproduce, all I have to do is look out a side view and then return to the front view (CTL+3, then CTL+8).Anyone else experience this? I did a search but couldn't find any posts.Thanks,Patrick

Well PMDG will not give you any support just so you know when you choose to tweak. Are you using my tweak or someone else? Mine only shows the true wing views when you look to the rear right/left views, not the side views that was sugested by another user.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Eternal

This has nothing to do with the editing of the panel.cfg, seeing as that just moves the view point coordinates.But in case this wasn't obvious, I restored the original panel.cfg and the problem is still occuring, so we'll start from there.Patrick

Guest diogenes

I find this problem frequent and extremely irritating.I have not edited any PMDG file in any way.It is possible to be looking out of the left hand virtual cockpit window, or the cabin virtual cockpit window, with no audible autopilot disengage warning, only to find on returning to the main cockpit that A/P has disengaged.I urge PMDG to provide a more satisfactory answer to this problem.

Guest jdrago

I have not modified anything, but did experience the A/P disengage today for the first time.I was descending from 240 to 15000. I switched to the outside view to see the plane with the setting sun. All of a sudden, I saw the plane pitch forward. I quickly switched back to the cockpit view (2D), and saw that the A/P disconnected on it's own. It took a little fight, but I finally got it re-engaged (I had to switch it on and off a few times).During the disconnect, I was flying with LNAV, V/S, and autothrottle all engaged.I need to test further to see if this was a fluke, but it was strange.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance,John Drago

We'll be taking a closer look at the cause for this. I have not had this problem but am curious as to what exactly is the causing factors. WHat do you fellas have in common here?[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest jdrago

The only thing I can think of after reading posts about strange autopilot behavior is that I did have FS Real weather enabled (non-updating). I'm beginning to wonder if the following post had something to do with it, but I'm not sure without further testing. Could have been a strange pressure change that caused the autopilot to freak out even though my baro was set to 29.92.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchThanks, I'll post any new findings.John Drago

Guest womil

Hello,same here for me. After a view change inside the 2D cockpit (shift-4, shift-6, and so on) suddenly the autopilot disengage sound announces deactivation of the AP.Happy and peaceful new year to you all,Wolfgang

Guest diogenes

I do not have anything other than default scattered cloud Fs9 weather enabled and I doubt whether it is anything to do with weather.In fact I do not have any fs9 addons running in the background at all except Active Camera, which I believe is needed for the cabin view?It happens virtually every time I spend more than a few seconds looking out of the side virtual cockpit windows, both on the flight deck and in the passenger cabin, on several flights now.

Guest liebowa

Just for completeness, I have the same problem and have *NO* add-ons running - just vanila FS9 and PMDG.It's not happening every time I switch views, though - just occasionally...

Captains-this has been reported by our beta testers as well - it's not a bug. What's happening is the following:You are using Shift-7 or Shift-1 to change views. Then, you let go of the Shift key before you let go of the numeric key. This also affects the "trim" settings (numeric 7 or numeric 1).When our autopilot detects that you've changed the trim setting, it auto-disconnects.As I said - not a bug.You can change the key settings for trim to a different key sequence, so that they don't become activated by "accident", or you can be very careful when changing views, not to let go of Shift before the num key.Cheers,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest jdrago

What about using the "S" key for switching views?Thanks,John Drago