Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

TAXI light AUTO function?

Guest lbb

Today, for the first time I really looked long enough at the text for the TAXI light to see that it doesn't say OFF and ON, but instead OFF and AUTO.That surprised me. I know of AUTO functions for the strobe, where it is always on when airborne and off on the ground, but this is new to me. What exactly does it do?Leo Bakker

"What exactly does it do?"It simply allows the Taxy light to come on when the nose gear is "down and locked", Leo. It also prevents the pilots from getting hot feet when the gear is retracted :-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest lbb

Thanks, Ian! Makes sense now.Leo Bakker

Guest rcarlson123

Oh well, there go my plans for keeping my feet warm on those long winter flights. :)

Guest B1900 Mech

As an experiment, I plugged in two 450 watt 15 amp 28 VDC Beech 1900 landing lights into one of our A/C nicad batterys in an attempt to draw down the battery for deep cycling. Those babys were gettong so hot, I placed a calibrated digital thermometer probe one inch from the surface of the bulb, and was getting temps of 550F and climbing! So I guess you need airflow over them:-)

Guest ba747heavy

>Oh well, there go my plans for keeping my feet warm on those>long winter flights. :):-lol