Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Two 747s for FS9

Yeah!! We'll have not one, but TWO 747s for FS9. PSS has said they are going to make another one for FS9. I can't help wonder why this always happens in the payware community? Is creating something different really so taboo?Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Seriously, it's getting kind of annoying. I'd like to see someone do a good A300B4... With a good panel and sounds. But it seems FS developers are fixed on a few planes and spin around them. Not aimed at PMDG (the NG's have no match), but just a comment.Daniel P.

Guest edrutl

Kind of agree with Daniel on that one. It always seems like there are simultaneous efforts. The 727 had two big commercial efforts (one still going) last year. This year it's the 747. I'm sure they will both be fine efforts, but at the end of the day users are choosing between the same aircraft.I'd love to see a high quality payware MD80 or something different.Regards,ed kdfw

The Vans Aero Company MD-80 series is just superb.. BUT, it lacks a good panel. If only PMDG could do a MD-80 series.. now THAT would attract a HUGE fan base..but what i'd REALLY like to see, is a Simulation of the aircraft I fly as SIC on, the IAI-1124A Westwind. Either that a Hawker 700.. Yea, more corporate aircraft need to be done, but I like ones that you have to fly, really all ya need is a flight director, and maybe a coupled Global FMS so you have a mix of old and new. Our Westwind has Collins Pro Line Avionics with 5" FD-109 flight directors, Primus 400 color radar and a Universal UNS-1K FMS w/ SID/STAR database and IFR approach enroute certified GPS... like a side, a bit of the old and the new.. It may all be round dial with the exception of the FMS, but it's a helluva lotta fun to fly! ;)anyway, just my 2 cents,keep up the great work PMDG!Andrew Wolcott

The panels have always been the major issue for me with freeware. This is why I only really fly payware add-ons, an occasional spin in a default GA is better than a lot of freeware. Also, the lack of "simulation" with respect to engine start, APU, FMCs, ect...We know who will have the best 747, however, I'm still waiting for something new. The B1900 from PMDG will be a nice addition to my sim, and I'm excited to see it on there page. Also, the ATR from DF will be another new add-on to get excited about.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest ba747heavy

I don't see this always happening in the payware market. I can only think of this one instance with PMDG and PSS to be honest with you guys. I am curious to learn of other instances. I am not saying you guys are wrong, just that I can't think of any other ones :)And with all honesty, payware developers are going to make what sells. Lets face it, a 744 has more appeal to more people than say an ATR. Not saying that people won't buy an ATR, but I am saying that more people will buy a 744 than an ATR. Capitalism at work :)

Could one please enlighten me about the following points:What kind of aircraft is the B1900...sorry for not knowing?Are there any further informations from PMDG in regards to that plane?Will it have an FMC?Best regardsHolger DallmeyerEDDK

Don't forget, PSS is also doing a complete re-do of the 777. I for one am looking forward in 2004 to have the PMDG 737-800 and 744 and the PSS 777. Happy New Year folks.

Eric 

Guest Paul Heaney

I'd like to see a GOOD 777 as well. I'd rather PMDG did it, of course.As for the 744, I'll be buying PMDGs, of course.And for the airbus fans, I'm sure that there will be plenty of A380's coming out, closer to it's release. I'll be paying attention to that bird, even though I CAN'T STAND the SCAREBUS!

Guest mnieuwhof

I agree on that one...I'm not into heavy metal... I like the 737's A319/20/21, F-70/F-100 to make it short...I love commuting... the upcoming PMDG Visual Models Vol.1 - B1900 Commuter is really one to w8 for...Greetz,Marc Nieuwhof,Almere, The Netherlands>Yeah!! We'll have not one, but TWO 747s for FS9. PSS has>said they are going to make another one for FS9. I can't help>wonder why this always happens in the payware community? Is>creating something different really so taboo?>>Chris

"I'm looking forward to fly something different"Have you heared about the "Mad Dog" MD-82, which is done by LAGO?Looks like this can be worth buying, but I'll wait after it's released! Having flown their Mad Dog in FS98, and recently flew with AirAdriatic MD-82 to Dubrovnik, I am looking forward to its release!Henrik

Using your same argument we wouldn't have the PMDG 737 as Dreamfleet already had a 737 for FS2002, for which the PMDG was developed first.Further, in developing the 737. PMDG have learnt a lot about the 747, particulaly the way the FMC works. From their point of view why not leverage on what they already know.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

A B1900 is a small commuter made by Beechcraft. Here's a picture of a B1900D:http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=159001Chris

- Chris

Guest LLgaz

The PMDG 737 and the DF737 are as different as night and day in a lot of respects. The PMDG bird is an NG while the DF bird is one of the older generation. So it would make tons of sense for both to be done.The CS727 and the DF727 were both developed at the same time. Apparently the release of the CS727 which is a superb package has caused DF to increase the length of development for theirs. It should be out probably in Q1 of 2004. DF already said that their 727 is aimed at simulating the Captain's perspective, not the Flight Engineer's perspective, therefore the functionality may be less than the CS727. However they will be offering options of original guages, and more modern glass panels with TCAS. But no FMCs.....at least that's what they say.As for PSS and PMDG doing a 744......PSS had announced quite a long time ago that they would be doing a complete overhaul of the 744 and 777 for FS9. PMDG, riding the wave of admiration for the NG, will also do a 744. I predict that the PMDG bird will probably edge out the PSS bird in sales, but both should see good sales since people on a tight budget will more likely go for the cheaper method with the PSS bird. The base pack and one favorite livery alone will naturally be cheaper than PMDG's offering. But of course, if you want tons of free liveries, PMDG would make more economic sense. In the long run, its always great to have a choice.