Sign in to follow this  
Guest mnieuwhof

Need some user or PDMG help here....

Guest mnieuwhof

Hello captains,When I start FS9 and I load up the 737 1.2 I can fly no problem.But after 15 minutes or so I noticed some hick up in framerates and especially the sound. When I switch from cockpitview to spotview, fs9needs a very long time to build up the textures and when it builds up, the whole sound stutters and framerates drops to nearly zero....I noticed another thread somewhere that the problem could be the Audigy card in my PC. Because when I shutdown flightsimulator after using the 737 all the memory gets freed (Task manager) but the task mixer.exe stays at the reserverd memory (lately 91mb) until I kill it with the taskmanager.4 days ago it had 211mb reserved without freeing it...Are there other happy 737 users with this problem?The reason I put this in the PMDG forum is because it only happens when I fly or have flown the PMDG 737...The funny thing is that the soundstutters are gone and the framerates are good when I stay in, or switchback to 2d cockpit view....My system:P4-2.5 GHZAsus P4B-533EASUS V8460 GF4-TI4600512 MB DDR-266 RAMSB AudigyThanx for reading,Marc NieuwhofAlmere, The Netherlands...

Guest UlfB

Hi Marc,Have you updated the drivers for your Audigy card lately? I have a Audigy Player card with the latest drivers. No problems, 1GB ram however.Ulf B

Yes I had the same problem. I changed my motherboard and ram, re=istalled windows and walla! I could not even look out the side without the sim taking 20 seconds to pop up the other views. Now it's lightning fast. I also got an Audigy card and this seems to have helped over the soundblaster live! card I use to have. I only have 512 mebs of ram but I have it set to 5 2 2 2.... [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg