Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fjorko

***PMDG737NG & FSBUILD 2.1 - Proper way ? ***

Guest Fjorko

Hi GuysI know i have posted something similar to this post, but i need to get this clarified once and for all...Please tell me what the proper way is to create a flightplan in FSBUILD 2.1 and INCORPORATE that into PMDG FMC...The reason i am asking is that i am aware ( according to Ernie from FSBUILD) that the PMDG and FSbuild SID/STAR databases are not the same. So what do i do ?1 Create a FSBUILD flightplan but EXCLUDE SID/STARS and use the PMDG FMC's SID's and STARS......or.........2Create a FSBUILD Flightplan using it's own SID/STARS.......and EXCLUDE PMDG's SID's & STARS from the FMC ?If i use FSBUILD's Flighplan and just export that to PMDG that is OK, but the SID/STAR database IMO is not as complete as the PMDG SID/STAR database...but on the other hand it's easier to copy and paste the FSBUILD plan for filing a FP with VATSIM.How do you guys plan a flight with these two add-ons ( From cold and dark )Many thanks :)

Guest Mark McG

Create Flightplan in FSBuild.Print Flightplan.Manually enter Flightplan into FMC.

>Create Flightplan in FSBuild.>Print Flightplan.>Manually enter Flightplan into FMC.>Haha - love it! That is definitely the realistic way to do it! ;)Mark, can you send me an email at TabsAZ@aol.com - I've got a question for you about getting AS2004 to work with FSB 2.2 - you seem to know about these things... ;)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Fjorko

So was this a serious answer or was he kidding me ?Anyone else ?

Guest moshe_be

if you just use PMDG, then best to exclude SID/STAR, since PMDG adds the waypoints anyway.

>if you just use PMDG, then best to exclude SID/STAR, since>PMDG adds the waypoints anyway.PMDG will not add the waypoints 'anyway', only if you select it to do so.here are the options as I see it:1. Use FSB to build the entire route including SID/STARs, export to PMDG and load it up - simple and complete (this is how I do it). I feel the SID/STAR database in FSB is very complete.2. Use FSB to build the route without the SID/STAR, this is an optional selection in FSB. Export to PMDG, load it up, select the SID/STAR. However make sure you are very aware of the transition waypoints and you close up the discos.3. Use FSB to build the entire route, print it to either PDF or your printer and enter your route manually in PMDG, using either database for your SID/STARS.4. Use FSB to build the entire route, and let FSB auto print the entire flightplan and fueling info to your FS9 kneeboard. Press F10 in FS9, select the plan and enter your route manually in PMDG, using either database for your SID/STARS.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Mark McG

Peter,that's the method I use as I do not save my FP's in .RTE format.I recommend the following for yourself:Build the FP in FSBuild without the SIDs and STARs.Save these in .RTE format.Load the FP as a COROUTE in the FMC.Add SIDS and STARS using the DEP/ARR page.

Guest Fjorko

Ok thanks.... I see there are a few ways to do this......It would have been nice if PMDG and FSBUILD's SID/STAR Databases were kind of the same huh ?Thanks anyway for the help guys !Bye ;-)

Instead of printing you have two other choices.Export the navlog to html file and have it in the FS2004 flight briefing or export to pdf and use VPN to read it.Jos