Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

Altitude Hold

Looking for some ideas here -- when climbing to altitude (and using correct FMC procedures) the aircraft speed and climb fpm vary plus/minus 50-60 knots and 0 to 4000 fpm. Cruise altitude varies plus/minus 300-500 feet, with corresponding swings in speed as the aircraft rides a sine wave above and below FMC cruise and panel altitude entry. This was very pronounced in v1.1 and is a little better in 1.2. Don't experience this with any of the stock FS9 acft or any other addon, so I conclude it is unique to the PMDG 737NG.Is there a fix?Jim Harnes

Guest ba747heavy

Jim,Are you using any type of weather?

Fred,No weather. Should have mentioned that in first post. Oh well, when you get old . . .Jim

Guest ba747heavy

>Fred,>>No weather. Should have mentioned that in first post. Oh>well, when you get old . . .Jim,Ok, I don't know whats going on....my only guess would be weather, but if that isn't it, then I don't know :( Just giving this post a little bump for you :)

I am using AS2004 and the AP holds the aircraft solid as a rock at the correct altitude.I would be interested to know what effects add on weather systems have (or are supposed to have) on the flyability of the 737ng.ThanksAndy B

"with corresponding swings in speed as the aircraft rides a sine wave above and below FMC cruise and panel altitude entry."Sounds like what happens to me when I set MFSF at high sim speeds (e.g. x16, x32, etc), Jim. Just wondering if your computer is fast enough to handle this sim?What are your system specs? Perhaps you could try moving a few MSFS performance sliders to their minimum settings?Cheers.Ian.

Hello Ian,My system is P4 2.0, 512 Mb with a TI4200 video card, locked at 30 fps. I get 30 fps when at cruize altitude, 15-16 fps on the ground at a high density airport. Always use x1 since my VA won't count anything else.I'm going to do an uninstall/reinstall. Will report the results.Thanks,Jim

Well, no luck with the uninstall/reinstall. Guess it's time to contact support.Jim Harnes