Sign in to follow this  
ukflight

A question and a tip

The question - what are the two CWS buttons under the autopilot for? Cannot find a reference in the manual.Now the tip, which does not seem to be mentioned in the manual. Quite by accident I found that if you right click the altitude button it increases in increments of 1000 and likewise the heading and speed buttons increase in increments of 10.

Guest Ray CYYZ

©ommand (W)heel (S)teeringConsider it a fly by wire'ish mode. Basically, with it on, the aircraft will hold attitude (roll/pitch) when you release the joystick. If memory serves, if angles are less then 6 degrees, it will return to level flight.Nice tip about the right clicks! ;)Ray

"©ommand (W)heel (S)teering"Actually, it's Control Wheel Steering, Ray ;-)Cheers.Ian.

I also discovered the clicking by accident after using the Flight1 Meridian for a while where Left Click = - and Right Click = +. Makes altitude changes much easier :D

It's actualy one of the nicest features of this 737, it's a joy to use, it's like half hand flying, I personaly, depending on conditions use handflying untill 6000 agl, and then CWS untill 15000, following the very precise informations of the F/D coupled to the Vnav/Lnav, only then I press CMD and the transition is smoth as silk!! The Irony of the situation is that this is the best "partial simulation" of the AIRBUS FBW system on the market and it's found in a .... BOEING! ;) PS: Just to add that in fact the first implementation of this feature was the PIPER MERIDIAN by DF, coupled to the triger button of the joystick, but in that beast I prefer handflying only or the use those maginificent Avionics. Jos

Guest jcomm

Hi!Greatings from LPPT !!! and from another portuguese user of PMDG's 737!!!I also like the CWS functionality, but curiously it doesn't work that good with me. When I use VNAV and/or LNAV with the FD, and CWS to steer and fly the FD, even at not that high AoAs or Bank angles the CWS disconnects :-( I manage to use it without such problems if I disengage the FD (and thus LNAV/VNAV too).By the way, did you check that great fuel planner at:http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/Happy New Year 2004 FOR EVERYBODY ON EARTH AND ACCROSS THE UNIVERSE(s ?)!!!!