Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hickup4695

What about dial up users?????

Guest Hickup4695

Ok, Hadn't heard anything about the promised after the weekend fix for the dial up user. I hope this wasn't a plot to get us to keep quite. You said that after this weekend we would have info on what to do for dial up users and now it is Wednesday and still nothing. Now we are back to poor customer service. Why is it so hard to let us have our chance at this bird since we are paying customers. I have had no problems downloading other things for the last two weeks but when it comes to this program it wont work and not only do I get broken links but broken promises.David

Guest Hickup4695

Bump bump bump anybody out there?

David-I've spent approximately 30+ hours working on a solution for dialup users since Friday. Currently there is no easy fix in sight for dialup users- so you will simply need to continue waiting until we find one that works.Although it is certainly possible to roll out something that simply doesn't work- that will only succeed in feeding the truly odd conspiracy theory that you have already voiced... So instead you'll just have to wait until we come up with something that works.The cold reality is that you are trying to pull a 70MB file via download- and I can assure you that if there were an "easy" solution- we'd have put it in place...The fact is that there is no easy solution for providing access that works for all levels of connection. While you as the user only have to worry about the download- PMDG has to worry about contact management, support, implementation and ensuring that there is no variance in the product between versions or it becomes impossible to offer succesful technical support quickly for the majority of customers.Certainly one can sense your furstration from your post, David- but after spending a significant portion of the past 5 days working on a solution for you - can you seriously think of a reason why we WOULD NOT put a quick solution in place?There is none, that I can think of.... So perhaps simply asking for an update on the solution rather than suggesting that there is malicious intent would be a better approach for the future.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Hickup4695

Take it as you will but why every since you have released the SU2 and the problems have come in, until recently have you even started addressing the issue. Also the email that I got this last Saturday stated that a solution was in the works and information would be given after the weekend. What you call a conspiracy is what I call, putting off. I can't help what product support emailed me, I was just asking. Also, why wont anyone answer about the CD version, seems to me this is what would take care of the problem, but I am sure you don't want to go there for security reason. Thirdly, what about a refund then, grant it if it doesn't work for everybody, you should be willing to give us our hard earned money back. To me this is my biggest problem, the intent was not to keep away from anyone but when you found out there was a problem with dialup users, you all got quite. Please don't tell me you all didn't you can look at the forum and see where several have sounded off and no response. Granted you can't respond to everyone, but why not give some type of resassurance that you intend to make this right even if it is a refund. So take it anyone you want, granted you have put hours in but since Dec. 13 I believe was the realease there has been alot of dialup user running into the same problem over and over again and you now are finally coming out saying FOR NOW there is no solution for dial up user so TUFF IT OUT. Wow great customer support.David

It's the four window to download that is the main sticking point - as remarked upon by me in previous posts. Overnight I can have my dial up download open for in excess of eight hours and have downloaded more than 120 megs from other sites without difficulty. Broadband is unavailable where I live.Happy new year to all.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Bruce,The 4 hr window no longer applies. If you can maintain a continuous connection for 8 hrs then our server shouldn't kick you off. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest gremel

A CD version would quiet once and for all the rhetoric of not being able to download this software add-on.I thought that I read in this forum that it would be available around January 15th !! I'm I correct in this assumption or have I been dreaming again.Regards & Happy NYJack NoulletKGSP

Guest Hickup4695

Paul, Sir, I have tried two times to download and stayed connected but when the 4th hour hits boom, I get a message said that I am timed out. This is a recently as Monday this happened. Time out from your server. Last night I downloaded a Captian Sim Larger file than you guys have Finished early this morning over 9 hours on my dial up but no problems. Plus, the dap resumable isn't work as a matter of fact now when I try to download with DAP and set save to "all files" and searches for the file size it shows the file is only 617 K. Do you know what is up with this?Thanks again,David

Thanks for the action on this. An 8 hour limit should accommodate most dial-up users.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

David,Let me check on this. Shouldn't be happening anymore but I'll drop you an emailPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg