Sign in to follow this  
Guest gravin

FMC AIRAC

Guest gravin

Dear SirI had the update the new AIRAC 0313 in the 737NG but i noticed that point FIX (i.e. CAX13 the point it is located near SBGL) not put in the route FMC !!!!! Is it possible to solve this problem?Best Regards

Guest NAVData

Hi,please write a short mail to me with the exact coordinates of CAX13 (or some more fixes you miss). I will add the fix(es) to the next AIRAC 0401. Happy New Year 2004!Kind regards,Richard

Guest ba747heavy

Richard,I don't want to highjack this thread, but I wanted to ask you a question. How do the AIRAC cycles get there numeric designators? Obviously the first two digets are the year, and I think the last two are the month that they are issued(it is a monthy cycle, right?) If it is a monthly cycle, then how do you get 13 cycles per year? I think I am missing something :)Sorry for the dumb question :)

Guest pagotan

Hi,CAX13 is in the wvNavFIX.TXT file and is listed as follows:CAX13 CAX13-22.806242 -43.268578I think the problem may be that the installation of the navdata went wrong or that the download of the navdata was corrupted.Suggest to download the file agian and to re-install it.Michael

Guest moshe_be

Installers have CRC checks, so if it installs, then it cannot be corrupted.

Guest lbb

I think it is a four-weekly cycle. As a private pilot I get an update to the VFR guide of the Netherlands every four weeks so I would assume that it's the same with the AIRAC cycle (probably even the same dates).Leo Bakker

"If it is a monthly cycle, then how do you get 13 cycles per year? I think I am missing something :)"The only thing you're missing, Fred, is that the AIRAC (Aeronautical Information Regulation And Control) cycle is not monthly but every 28 days - hence the 13 cycles in 12 calender months.Here are the 13 effective dates for 2004:22 JAN; 19 FEB; 18 MAR; 15 APR; 13 MAY 10 JUN; 8 JUL; 5 AUG; 2 SEP 30 SEP; 28 OCT; 25 NOV; 23 DEC.It is actually (just) possible to have 14 AIRAC cycles in one year - the last time I can recall this happening was 1998 when the effective date for cycle 1 (01/98) was 1 January and for cycle 14 (14/98) was 31 December! Oh, and a couple of other useless bits of info - the effective date is always a Thursday and ICAO recommends that any cycle with an effective date between 21 December and 17 January should not contain any major updates/changes because of postal delays/ditribution dificulties during the Christmas period.Happy New YearPete

Guest ba747heavy

Pete,Thank you for that explaination! It is clear now :)

Guest pagotan

Hi,Sorry for the mishap Moshe and thanks for pointing out the inaccuracy. The fact is that the fix mentioned in the original post is not missing from the wpNavFIX.TXT file.May be I should re-phrase my statement: something went wrong either during the download of the file from navdata.at or during the installation.My suggestion to download and install it again may be still a valid one at this stage.Michael

Guest gravin

I try to install but not sucess...I see all fix type CAX34 in the world not see in the ND and not put in the route FMC ...So i think thar have a bug in the program 737NGBest Regards