Sign in to follow this  
Guest RSmith

AirNZ_737 - Elementary Question

Guest RSmith

D/L'd the Air New Zealand 737-200's (2) - - (today's AVSIM list).Basic - probably redunadant question. I'm able to load the aircraft, and "both" models show in the aircraft selection - and all is fine with exterior views.However, only partial panel loading up - and, I initially got a "model not found" error message from FS2002 when I tried to load the aircraft........Obviously, I've mised a step - or I just don't know how to load / add these specific types of aircraft to the active FS list.....Any tips for the rookie, much appreciated !Ron

Ron,As far as the "Model not found" message, I get that fairly often too. It pops up the first time I load certain airplanes, but after that it never shows up again (regardless of starting a new session or not). I have no earthly idea what it is, but the plane still works as far as I can tell...(-: As for the partial panel loading...good question. I would have that problem way back when I had FS95 (wow, that was 7 years ago!). My problem was that I was using an old DOS-based unzipper, which naturally truncated the file names to good ol' 8 characters. Thus, the panel.cfg wouldn't be able to find any of the gauges! So, I eventually moved into the 90's and got WinZip.However, that's the only experience I have with panel parts not showing up, so this might not have anything to do with your problem. :)Anyone else???Good luck,Matt

G'day Ron,The "model not found" usually happens when you have added an aircraft whilst FS 2002 is running. The aircraft hasn't been put into the simulator's database yet. It does this straight after you click out of the error and then you have no further problems.When you say 'partial panel' I am presuming you mean that there are some guages missing or blank spots. If this is the case then look in the folder for your aircraft using Explorer and see if there is another folder or zip file called 'guages' or some such. If so then take the contained ".gau" files and put them into the main simulator "Guages" directory. That should fix the problem.Hope that helpsMark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)System Specs:(too embaresing to mention!)(as is my spelling)

Guest RSmith

Thanks Mark & Matt,Yup, I did in fact have FS running - by mistake - when installing the A/C. Should have known better !The partial panel is as you said - some guages show - remaining panel is just blank...... What I've found - suprisingly - is that I do not have some guages loaded (actually don't have some aircraft loaded - specifically the Concorde) - that this 737 model is calling for in the panel .cfg file.Using FS Professional - and thought I originally did a full install - but I guess I didn't. Never fly the Concorde, so the guages that are being called for - aren't on my system...... Back to my FS disk, I guess.Thanks for the replies.Ron

Guest RSmith

Whoops...... easy solution. Concorde isn't a FS2002 aircraft. The Concorde guages was back in my FS2000 guage file - just moved it over to the FS2002 guage file, and there's the panel ! Now - just need to study the ANZ .cfg file - to make sure "all" the guages are supported by my FS2002 guage file.....Ron