Sign in to follow this  
Guest foghorn67

download and install question

Guest foghorn67

my first avsim forum post!!!I do not have a broadband connection at home. And i have other means of downloading large files away from home.is it possible to download the 737NG package on one machine and extract it on my home computer?i know their installs are machine specific...but does that include the machine you download it from?if this seems like a redudant question. I apoligize, I did do my best to find answers to this in the OIC FAQ's and previous post.thanks,Chaz Konkleps-happy new years 2004!

Welcome Chaz,Today I downloaded the file at work where i have access to a broadband service. So far it seems OK to do so, so go ahead and get the aircraft, you won't be disappointed :-)Happy New Year to you too :-)

Alaister Kay

Guest foghorn67

Alaister,thanks for the tip.:)-Chaz

Guest foghorn67

well this is the stinker :(my browser immediatly started to download to my desktop. don't want it there. so I instinctivly cancelled. (It wanted to save as html not zip) So I right clicked to 'save target as', and it timed out. I guess I used my one shot only.:(There has to be a better way.so much for using my day off to get familiar with the 737NG.they need to advise on how to save the file before trying.

Shouldn't have done that??SEnd me a note at support@precisionmanuals.com with a copy of the download email and I'll take a look at itRegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest foghorn67

>Shouldn't have done that??>SEnd me a note at support@precisionmanuals.com with a copy of>the download email and I'll take a look at it>Regards>Paul Gollnick :-cool >Technical Operations/Customer Operational Support>Precision Manuals Development Group>www.precisionmanuals.com>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgsorry :(you'll see two previous emails from the same address from me in the support inbox. (one for a re-authorization, the second because I forgot to include the password) I didn't know somebody would be checking them today.thanks for the help.Chaz Konkle(I am soooo anxious it's dizzying. for now, screenshots are holding me over) :)

Guest foghorn67

working now!thanks to those that fixed it.-chaz