Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jens Peter

Cargo Doors/Beeping during TO

Guest Jens Peter

First of all, Great job with SU2 PMDG !!!Still some minor problems though. I wonder if anyone else is having diff. with opening the Bay/Cargo doors with Shift+E+2 command, i have tried all variations, but it realy dosent work on this bird,...Why ?.sekondly, is there a way to get rid of the terrible beeping during takeoff, even plane is configured correct. It came with the new update.Thanks in advance and Best RegardsJP ;o)

Guest rcarlson123

Are you certain the plane is configured right? I only get the beeping if I throttle up with no flaps set. If I set just 1 degree of flaps, the beeping stops.

Guest Jens Peter

Hej Ross, Thanks for reply.I alway takeoff with 5 dgrs setting, trim correct etc. Prob. ocured after SU2.Best Regards JP ;o)

Guest rcarlson123

Weird ... do you get the beeping when you're taxiing out also? What version of FS are you running?

Sounds like the takeoff configuration warning to me.The takeoff configuration is armed when the airplane is on the ground and either or both forward thrust levers are advanced to takeoff. An intermittent takeoff warning horn sounds if:- Trailing edge flaps are not in the flaps 1 through 25 takeoff range, or- leading edge devices not configured for takeoff, or- SPEED BRAKE lever is not in the DOWN position, or- Spoilers not down with the speedbrake lever in the DOWN position, or- parking brake is set, or- stabilizer trim not in the takeoff range (green band)The warning indication is cancelled when the configuration error is corrected.Floyd

Guest Jens Peter

Hey Floyd ;o)This is Brilliant, you just putted mee on the track.In flight preparation, i always check funktion of Speedbrake deployment. But when its activated and set back into Down position the alarms starts beeping during TO.If im not making this check, no alarm, nice and quiert during TO, This looks like a bug to mee, and i wonder if anyone else face the same problem, ore if it just has to bee this way ??.But thanks a lotTake Care JP.

Guest Jens Peter

Hej RossIm driving FS9, and no problems during taxi.See reply to/from Floyd.Best regards JP ;o)

Hi JP,I have exactly the same problem, the beeping only occurs after the 2nd take off run. In other words: if the plane has flown already before, and is used on a 2nd flight.I checked the spoilers but there does not seem to be a difference. Does anyone of PMDG have a solution or is it just a bug? Using FS2002 btw.Regards,Mark Jansen

Guest Toni Rauch

I get the beeping as soon as I open the throttles, even slightly to taxi. The beeping sound stops when the thrust levers are fully back.Making sure the plane is correctly configured (e.g. for takeoff) makes no difference - this happens every time. (FS9 and SU2)I reckon it's a minor bug.Toni.

Guest Toni Rauch

Has anyone got any ideas on the 'beep' warnings on advancing the throttles?I've noticed this also happens when using the TOGA button during the takeoff roll, and the beeping stops as soon as the plane is airborne.'Bug' or simple solution?Toni.

Guest Jens Peter

Hej Mark and ToniThe problem only occure (on my FS) when touching/arming Speedbrake lever, eg. on preflight check. So hands off !!! ;o) If advancing throttles to much while taxiing, i also get the beeping, but not with normal taxit hrust setting.For your problem Mark, if beeping starts already when advancing throttles from zero it can have something with the calibration af your joystick.Now im getting around the problem by NEVER touching the Speedbrake lever before flight, and when making a stop over at an airport, i reload the plane, so speedbrake bug is reset.So nice and quiert ;o)and i Agree Toni. it would bee GREAT with a comment from PMDG, ore a real life 737NG jockey on this one !!!.Best RegardsJP

Guest bob14k

Have you installed any add on liveries I had this problem after new liveries were installed It stopped after I used the load out manger to reset passenger and cargo load

Sounds like a programming problem to me (related to the speedbrake). In some cases, it might possibly be exacerbated by joystick throttle calibration or excessive thrust used during taxy.I can't get the speedbrake to work properly in flight. Speedbrake lever visuals are not matching speedbrake sounds/effects. The SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light also illuminates when the Speedbrake Lever is in the FLT position (I don't think that this is correct). Until I can polish up my VNAV PTH descent skills, correct Speedbrake ops would come in mighty handy :-)Using FS2002Cheers.Ian.

Guest lbb

Interestingly, to my surprise I recently saw on a video, or DVD I should say, that after landing the SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light remains illuminated even after deployment. Then, at some point shortly before exiting the runway, it extinguished and the SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM light illuminated. It makes you wonder what triggers all that. (Speed going below 60? Manual braking?)Have yet to find a piece where they use the speedbrake in flight, to see what the light does in that case, although, along with you, my gut feeling is that it won't come on.Leo Bakker

Guest Jens Peter

The problem occured before Add on liveries too, anyhow interesting to check the reset poss.Thanks Robert ;o)