Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jens Peter

Cargo Doors/Beeping during TO

"...after landing the SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light remains illuminated even after deployment."Interesting.My manual says:"The SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light comes on when the automatic operation of the speedbrake system (arms) correctly. This occurs when the speedbrake lever is in the ARMED detent or either thrust lever is in reverse, and all of these occur:1.One or more antiskid channel operates2.Auto speedbrake actuator retracted3.No disagree in the wheel spin speeds and air/ground signals."Re item #1, I assume "operates" simply means that the antiskid system is serviceable... not that it is currently applying brake release signals.Re item #2, "speedbrake actuator retracted" = Speedbrake actuator hasn't moved the speedbrake lever to the UP position.Re item #3, there should be no disagreement on a serviceable aircraft.However, later on, it says that the SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light also illuminates when the autospeedbrake module sends a raise command to the autospeedbrake relays."Then, at some point shortly before exiting the runway, it extinguished and the SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM light illuminated. It makes you wonder what triggers all that. (Speed going below 60? Manual braking?)"The DO NOT ARM light is supposed to indicate a fault. It indicates that the autospeedbrake system is not arming properly. It illuminates when the speedbrake lever is in the ARMED position or if one of the reversers are in reverse and one of the following occurs:Antiskid inopAutospeedbrake actuator not retractedDisagreement between wheelspeeds and air/ground signalsAs I understand it, if the speedbrake lever is manually pushed forward (to the DN position) after being automatically actuated, the speedbrake actuator is not actually moved to the retracted position (some kind of backdrive system allows movement of the lever without movement of the actuator). Therefore, if the reversers were still deployed and the speedbrake lever was manually moved to the DN position, it may be satisfying the DO NOT ARM light logic requirements. With the Speedbrake Lever manually moved down and the autospeedbrake actuator still extended (and the reversers still up), it might also cause the SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light to extinguish (see requirements above).In the video, was the speedbrake lever stowed before the reversers? (If so, is this normal?) I may have missed something, but that is the only thing I can think of at the moment that would cause the indications in your DVD."Real" 737NG engineer input required, I think ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest Toni Rauch

Yes, I had installed a couple of new liveries.Resetting the PAX / baggage using Load Manager seems to have worked for me. Only getting the beeping if the plane's badly configured now.Thanks for the help Robert.(Perhaps PMDG should include this suggestion in the livery add-on Readme for anyone experiencing this bug....)Toni.

I have the same problem, it seems that that is a bug, when you touched the spoilers lever, the horn works, eben if t/o settings are ok.Chris

Best regards

Chris Schnaedelbach
CEO / President of Cyber Air Virtual Airlines  (established since 1994)
Intel I7-4790 with 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram; GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB RAM; Win10 64Bit Home Edition; P3Dv3 and also FSX Acceleration Pack German Version;

Guest wkzzo

Ian the speedbrake armed light is always on in flight or on the ground when the handle is beyond the armed position.You are exactly right about the DO NOT ARM light. if the speed brake is manually stowed after it has been auto deployed for landing the autospeed brake motor stays at the extend position. If the throttles never exceed 60 degrees TLA (throttle lever angle) the motor stays in the deploy position. As soon as 60 TLA is exceeded the auto speed brake motor will stow and the DO NOT ARM will extinguish.

"Ian the speedbrake armed light is always on in flight or on the ground when the handle is beyond the armed position."Thanks, Wallace.Will you tell Boeing their manuals suck... or will I? :-) IN means IN, in my language..... I don't know about theirs.Cheers.Ian.

Guest Qantas Guy

I had the same problem, but i found how to stop that happening.The horn is a warning, for when you are on ground, not to use too much thrust, especially if you are taxxing. you have to stop this by "telling the plane" that you are about to takeoff. Make sure your flaps are set, runway heading in course and heading box'setc etc all the stuff you are doing, also make sure (i havent seen anyone talking about this either) the Vspeeds for takeoff are set, and activated, also make your RTO is activated, as i havebt heard anyone talk about that either. now, thats all fine but the plane still dosent know" that you are about to takeoff, so make sure when you takeoff, you use the TO/GA switch. accelerate to 40percent N1, anything above 40 N1 will cause the horn to go off, at 40N1, activate TO/GA, and it should work fine. (who i think is Randazzo) will call out 80knots, V1, Rotate and V2 and up up and away! this is how real world procedures do it, if it dosent work then must be a bug. Also about the Cargo Doors, try Shift+E and let go, almost directly after hit 1 , like when turning in pushback ;)Daniel

Guest wkzzo

I'll let them know, If I can find them(can you say "out sourced" must have gotten mixed up in the translation.)I share your frustation in more ways than you can imagine.