Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cpt Davison

Ryanair Livery Update

Guest Cpt Davison

Hi Guys,I did a bit more to my Ryanair Livery today.I want to add more details etc and play around with weathering but my limited painting experience is holding me back.I gave up on the -600 because I'm having difficulty mapping colour bands to the engine pods. (Any help preciated :-) )Hope you like it, pls comment if poss so I can make it better.CheersNigelnigel@nsdavison.eclipse.co.ukhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/55640.jpg

Guest Bob_Jones

Nigel,looking good :D, as for adding dirt etc, just create a new layer above the livery, now use either the spray can tool, pen/pencil tool and colour black/brown, and make the dirt where you want it, use the smudge/motion blur tool to get the effect, then the eraser to remove any thats not needed, when you are happy with it, set that layer to multiply and bring the opacity down.Doing these effects, takes a long time, the more you do, the better you will get ;).Regards,Bob Joneshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgwww.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Cpt Davison

Hi Bob,Thanks for the heads up. I'll have a bash.Cheers,Nigel

are you sure Ryanair use the 600/700 series? Lots of the repaints that are being done although for real airlines are not real aircraft. the repaints are good quality but i prefere to only have real life repaints. there's a site where i check UK registrations for acuracy, does anyone know where i can check other nationalities? I know alot can be varified on airlinners.net but nor all planes are on here.

Guest Cpt Davison

Hi Bruce,You are correct, This Livery was based upon that used on a 737-8AS.Thats why the scale is off :-)I will convert it for the 737-800 when it arrives.Unfortunatly If I want to fly a livery of choice on an aircraft of choice, this is the only way to do it.Ryanair do have an older Livery that I started doing before I switched to the latter, however, this also was not used on -600/-700 series.I fly with imagination.Best RegardsNigelPS: you can get some info from here: http://www.jetliners.net