Sign in to follow this  
Guest klucznik

Saving FMC Data

Guest klucznik

Hello Group, First a Happy and Healthy New year to all the folks. Question: Is there a way to save the data one entered into the FMC so that if it is desired to fly the same route the next day or so then one doesn't have to re-enter all the FMC data?Thanks

Guest ba747heavy

Blais,Negative. You can only save the route.

Guest klucznik

Thanks Fred, It sort of makes sense that only the route would be saved but it would be great if all the FMC parameters that had been entered for the identical flight were saved and then the pilot would only have to alter the specific entries for the current flight. Yet this is probably how the Real Thing works too.Thank You

Guest Balrog

Allow me to take the opposite view here, I would like to be able to save only the ATS-route, ie, not the SID as well, seeing as this is a variable. In other words, once the route page is finished, and before entering any other data, I would like to have the opportunity to save, as I do in both DF and PIC. Alternatively having the save option at last, but with only the ATS-route being saved.Cheers,Kjell.

Guest rcarlson123

Can't you just save the route after entering your waypoints, but before choosing a SID and/or STAR? I don't see why not ...

Guest Balrog

>Can't you just save the route after entering your waypoints,>but before choosing a SID and/or STAR? I don't see why not>...Ross, you`re so right! I tried it again, and lo and behold, on RTE page 1 there`s a save option. Never went back to p.1 one before, learn something every day.A great plane just got greater!Cheers,Kjell.

Guest rcarlson123

Excellent ... and don't forget that with SU2 you can now see a list of all saved routes by clicking on "NAV DATA" from the INIT/REF index, then choosing "FLT PLNS". You can then downselect one of the flight plan names, then upselect it to the "CO ROUTE" slot in order to load the saved route. Nice time saving feature.