Sign in to follow this  
Guest dek

Attention Scott Campbell - Too Good to be Free

Guest Heather 636

Hi Scott!I just downloaded your ACLoader V3.4 after having just noticing it on one of your posts. Sorry Scott, it's not that what you do doesn't capture my interest, you just sometimes miss the tress around here for the forest.http://avsim.com/flightdeck/acloader.htmlI was just starting to read the manual and was very impressed. As of yet, I don't see where I pay for it. This looks far too good to be free! It isn't is it?I'm certainly going to bring it to the attention of Charles Wood over at DC-Airways. This would be great to increase the immersion factor of our flying.I haven't looked yet at the other data files available, no time for I have to run, but you don't by chance include the DC-3 in any of them do you?Might take a little research to find out what costs were back in the heydey of the DC-3, but this program is really neat!!Regards,Heather

Guest Scott Campbell

Heather,I have one policy: Do the best I can to provide the best I can at no cost to anyone (but me). That's my FS add-on philosophy. What I do, I do for me. And if others can also enjoy it, then great.Thanks for the kudos. Just wait until you see ACLoader V4. I posted a preview ,message some time ago. ;-) Hopefully it'll be done in the next couple of months. This time with a proper user manual.I don't have a DC-3, no. But it's a simple thing to make one. If you have the time, please feel free. Howevrr, I think there are users out there who have a DC-3 file. If they send it with the seating map, I'll post it onto the site.

HeatherI agree with Scott, and many others, who provide us with great freeware.Same goes for me and I know for the people who participated on the Douglas DC2 package. We work on it for our own fun and pasttime. If other people like it, that's our reward. You did a repaint on the DC3, for fun, so you know what time it takes, imagine making a fotoreal cockpit, with all custom gauges. (bitmaps, gaugeprogramming etc.) Let alone a all new DC3 with VC. (all you see has to be programmend in Gmax, to get a 3d aircraft model, and all textures need to be placed in the right place) It's a labour of love. That's why freeware developers work for free.Oh well, just my 2 centshttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/twa.gifRemember: there would be no DC3 without a DC2 ;-)Cheers, RobVisit http://www.avsim.com/hangar/flight/dc2uiver/index.htm

Guest Heather 636

Good morning y'all!I can't say enough good things about you guys and others like you who give back to the community. I don't ever expect to come up with much along the expanse of what you have accomplished, but if I do, just giving it back to those who have been so much help and sources of pleasure will be plenty payment for me. As you said, it is a labour of love (even if I do grumble under my breath when something isn't going particularly well).Got it and LOVE that beautiful DC-2.And, to use this first posting of the day for the opportunity, anybody out there have data on the DC-3, ESPECIALLY costs, wages, etc. that can be used in AC Loader. The seating arrangements I already have access to, but I won't turn down anything you have to offer.Cheers and thanks!Heather

Guest dek

And don't underestimate the appreciation for your work in our simming community. It would be a very different sim world without you. As usual, my hat is off to all of you.Thanks dek