Sign in to follow this  
Guest cvj4

HELP: Unable to re-install PMDG 737 - error messages

Guest cvj4

I had to re-install my operating system (W2K)and then re-install FS9 as well as the PMDG 737.After several tries - re-installing FS9 then using the REMOVE tool and re-installing SU2, I get the following error messages:On start of FS9: "Flight Simulator unable to load some aircraft or software. PMDGOptions.DLL".(I have checked and the file PMDGOptions.DLL is located in the MODULES directory in FS9).Then after clicking OK to the error message, FS9 loads OK. Then, when I try to select any of the PMDG aircraft, I get the next error message telling me that that the program can not load the file PMDG_737_MAIN.GAU. I then have to use CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of FS9.All the PMDG Gauges are in the Gauges directory of FS9.HELP - please ...I have now been at this for several hours and am unable to solve the problem. Never had an installation problem with PMDG before.Thanks in advance,Claus

Guest cvj4

Yes, the fs9 check boxes are checked.Do I need to install the original version 1.0 installation file first? Claus

Are you sure you have gdiplus.dll installed? (Win2K and Win98 need it).Cheers,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest cvj4

Yes, GDIPlus.dll is installed in the C:winntsystem32 directory and in the FS9 root directory.

Guest cvj4

Could the problem be that since I did a clean re-install of the W2K operating system, any trace of the original install of version 1.0 has been wiped out. Does the install of SU2 require that it finds "something" on the hard drive that proves that I bought the original product???That would make sense since otherwise anyone could install the PMDG 737 from SU2, thus turning it into freeware.Could someone from PMDG please address this (so I can stop with my so far futile install/uninstall/re-install efforts :-hangThank you all,Cheers,Claus

Guest cvj4

I am beginning to believe in black magic......after a hard-reboot the error messages disappeared and the PMDG 737NG loaded!Perhaps a little MS gremlin did this....and I hope he never re-appears.:-jumpy

Guest Butze

Hi, anthing else you did ?I have that same problem now.format my drive, clean os install, clean fs9 install, installed gdiplus.dll, installed 73NG V1.2, then the patch 1.3 and then the livery. exchanged fsuipc.dll to the newest one. did a reboot, did a cold start, nothing works, still getting pmdgoptions.dll error message when starting fs9.your help is very much appreciated.regardsUdo

Guest Butze

Hi,removed aircraft with your remover tool, downloaded the v 1.3 install file, installed airac and gdi+.dll, still the same.always get pmdgoptions.dll error message.please need some adviceregardsUdo

Guest Butze

Hi Guys,I found a solution for the pmdgoptions.dll error messages.sure you must copy gdi+.dll, but for that didn't work.then i installed windows media player 9 from windowsupdateand now everything is fine. a little bit strange but it works.keep up blue sideUdo

cant believe it... reinstalled windows and had the same problem.. Installing MP9 fixed it.. Thanks for this thread :) Maybe it could be added to the prerequisites for the 737 :) Bye, Luca