Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bryan

Can you spot the Modificationi?

Guest NPreston

yup.... White digits on the Electrical panel and on the Pressurization panel :-hahNick :-abduct

Guest Sabre Squelch

It's the light switch that says "STERILE" I think.I've only been flying this thing for a few days, so I've been staring intently at all of the panels trying to memorize where things are...--------------------------------Sean McCaffertyP4 2.41024 MB DDRFX5600

The RAM door lights are still lit with the APU bleed in the OFF positionAndy b

Guest rcarlson123

What does that switch do? (Sterile?)

Guest Raafie75

Its definately the Sterile switch. What does that do ?Something to do with making the aircraft cold and dark??Brad.

Guest Bryan

It's the Sterile Light switch. It's just a dummy switch, does nothing on the PMDG 737. It is however positioned where it should be.In real life, it illuminates a light outside the cockpit door letting the FAs know that the cockpit is in "sterile mode" - no non necessary communications.CAL has this switch installed.-Bryan in Kimchieland

"The RAM door lights are still lit with the APU bleed in the OFF position"The Packs are still running and there is bleed duct pressure (presumably from the engines). Why should the RAM door lights not be illuminated, Andy? (Assuming the aircraft is on the ground... or in the air with flaps still extended).Cheers.Ian.

Guest Sabre Squelch

So I wonder how difficult it would be to hook this switch up to a light outside my door, so that when I'm flying, people don't come in and bother me...--------------------------------Sean McCaffertyP4 2.41024 MB DDRFX5600

Couldn't imagine. I just compared it with my panel at the time and I was at FL350 with flaps retracted.Andy B

"I just compared it with my panel at the time and I was at FL350 with flaps retracted."Yup... that does it every time. Ram Air Doors should be much less than fully open in cruise (otherwise you get too much drag and too much pack cooling).Not that it isn't possible to have the Ram Air Doors fully open in cruise.... It just means that your airplane is broken ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest ba747heavy

>So I wonder how difficult it would be to hook this switch up>to a light outside my door, so that when I'm flying, people>don't come in and bother me...:-lol