Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martin

ATC Callsigns - How many?

I'm experimenting with the AI and the AI Shuffler and I can't figure out which callsigns the ATC is able to say.I changed a BA aircraft in aircraft.cfg from BRITISH to SPEED BIRD and indeed, ATC now says "Speed Bird".I tried also to add "Transavia" (A Dutch semi-charter) to an aircraft by changing the atc_airline line in aircraft.cfg, but now it only mentions it's flightnumber.Question now is: How many airlines does FS2K2-ATC know and uses in it's speech?Is there a file in the FS2K2 dir. that lists them?If not, how does it process them? Can't find anything.Help appreciated!R.EHAM

Hi. I'm also using AI Shuffler, and I think I can help you.Included in AI Shuffler is a file called "atc_airline.dat". Open it in Wordpad, and it will list all airlines that FS2002 can say.There are two other files, "atc_type.dat" and "atc_model.dat". They list all the aircraft types, and models, that ATC can say.There are entries for atc_type and atc_model also in the aircraft.cfg file, and sometimes the entries are wrong. You can then refer to the .dat files to change it to something better.If you change that, you may also need to add the new model/type to the air_class.cfg file, under correct heading, to make the new aircraft part of the AI traffic.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Joshieca

Heres the list of what ATC airlines can say....AB EXACES ACTION AIRAEROFLOTAEROMEXICOAIR AFRIQUEAIR CANADAAIR CHINAAIR FORCEAIR FORCE ONEAIR FRANCEAIR INDIAAIR SHUTTLEAIR TAHITI NUIAIRWAVEALASKAALITALIAALL NIPPONALLEGHENYALLEGIANTALLEGROALOHAAMERICANAMERICAN PACIFICAMERIJETAMTRANAMERICA WESTANSETTANTILLEANANZAARGENTINAARMYARUBAASIANAAUSTRIANAVIANCAAVIATECABAHAMASAIRBANGLADESHIBIGBISCAYNEBIZ EXBLUE RIDGEBLUE STREAKBRITANNIACACTUSCAIRCANADIANCANDLERCANEXCARGOLUXCATHAYCHALLENGE AIR CARGOCHAUTAUQUACHINA SOUTHERNCITRUSCOAST GUARDCOMAIRCONDORCONTINENTALCORSAIRDELTADHLDOMINICANADRAGONAIRDREAM FLIGHTDYNASTYEAGLE FLIGHTEASTERNEGYPTAIREL ALELITEEMERALD HARBOR AIREMERYEUROPAEVAEVERGREENFED EXFINE AIRFINNAIRFIRST AIRFLAG SHIP FRENCH LINEFRONTIER (with download atc audio patch)FRONTIER FLIGHTGAIAGARUDAGEMINIGEORGIANGHANAGIANTGLOBAL FREIGHTWAYSGULF FLIGHTHAWAIIANHORIZONIBERIAICE AIRJAMAICAJAPAN AIRJET BLUEJET LINKJET SETJET USAJORDANIANKESTRELKITTY HAWKKLMKOREAN AIRKUWAITILAKES AIRLAN CHILELANDMARKLAPALAUDALEGENDARYLONG HORNLTULUFTHANSAMALAYSIANMALEVMARINEMARTINAIRMESABAMEXICANAMID EXMIDLANDMIDWAYMONARCHMOROC AIRNAVYNEW ZEALANDNIGERIANIGHT CARGONORTH AMERICANNORTHWESTOLYMPICOMNIONTARIOORANGEORBISORBITOZARKPACIFICAPAKISTANIPAN AMPHILIPPINEPOLAR TIGERPRO AIRQANTASRED ROCKREGIONALRYANSABENASAUDIASCANDINAVIANSHAMROCKSINGAPORESKY EXSKYTOURSKYWESTSOARSOBELAIRSOUTHWEST (with download atc audio patch)SPEED BIRDSPIRIT WINGSSPRINGBOKSUN COUNTRYSWISSAIRTACATAPTHAITRADEWINDSTRANSATTWAUNITEDUPSUS AIR US AIR SHUTTLEVANGUARD AIR VARIGVASPVIRGINVOLGAVOYAGEWATER SKIWESTWEST INDIAN WINDY CITYWISCONSINWORLDWORLD TRAVELYUKONZANTOP[div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif]CHINESE PROVERB"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to bangkok."[/div][/font://http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fst.../i][/div][/font

Exactly what I was looking for!This way I can make sure I only use airlines the ATC actually can say. Better than only a flightnumber.Thanks!R.

By the way: I assume these are hard-coded and there's no way to add wav's of any kind?R.

Guest Joshieca

No problem......You can just copy and paste them into your airlines.cfg file...or if you like email me and 'll send you my airlines.cfg file.There are two (noted) that will only work if you download and add the audio atc patch....you can find it here on AVSIM but its like a 100+ mb download.- Josh

Guest Joshieca

Yes and no....you can change them with a little help from Microsoft...http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK01.aspBUT...from what I understand its not an easy thing to do...in order to add another ATC voice you would have to record hundreds of call signs and flight directions...I think thats why not too many people have tackled it...cant say that I blame them.>By the way: >>I assume these are hard-coded and there's no way to add >wav's of any kind? >>R.

Ok thx, but what does the airlines.cfg exactly do?Cross reference with the entries in the aircraft.cfg?See what's allowed and what is not?R.

Guest Joshieca

The airlines.cfg file is in your fs2002/aircraft folder. It basically always you to fly any plane from within the sim with any of those names that you have on the list...in other words when you choose the type of aircraft you want to fly in the sim and you can choose the airline name, this is where the sim gets those names from.

Ok, thanks for explaining.Just tried to figure out the relations between aircraft.cfg, airlines.cfg and the ATC-system.I'm starting to see the light ;)thx.R.

Guest lmoelleb

I have just (as in half an hour ago) uploaded a tool to the file library that will allow you to add new ATC sounds very easily. Actually Transavia is one of the 120 sample callsigns already included in the package. It also contains fixes for 20 of the mistakes in the default voicepack.Please notice that it will probably work best without using the mentioned patch - the patch does not include anything you can't easely do with EditVoicepack, and it might change a few sounds EditVoicepack relies on to build additinal sounds....EditVoicepack is less than 100kb (except you need the .Net Framework from MS, but that's "only" 20MB, and you will need that to run other programs in the future anyway).I have no idea how long it takes before it becomes available however...

Guest Jack

You will find the new utility here at AVSIM as download: editvoicepack10.zip Now in the library.Thanks for a great tool!JackD

Fabolous and of great help!Now off to add all those obscure little airlines we have flying around ;)Thanks!R.

Guest Joshieca

With the voice pack added....now this is how many airlines you can choose from. :-rotor AB EXACESACTION AIRADRIAAERO LLOYDAEROFLOTAEROMEXICOAIR AFRIQUEAIR ALPHAAIR BALTICAIR BERLINAIR CANADAAIR CHINAAIR DANEAIR EUROPAAIR EUROPEAIR FORCEAIR FORCE ONEAIR FRANCEAIR INDIAAIR INTERAIR LITTORALAIR MALTAAIR SHUTTLEAIR TAHITI NUIAIRCATAIRWAVEALASKAALITALIAALL NIPPONALLEGHENYALLEGIANTALLEGROALOHAALWIKAMERICA WESTAMERICANAMERICAN PACIFICAMERIJETAMTRANANSETTANTILLEANANZAARCTICARGENTINAARGENTINA ARKIAARMYARUBAASIANAAUSTRIANAVIANCAAVIATECABAHAMASAIRBALKANBANGLADESHIBEARFLIGHTBIG ABIL AIRBIRDIEBISCAYNEBIZ EXBLUE RIDGEBLUE STREAKBLUECRAFTBLUESCANBRAATHENSBRITANNIABRITISHBRITISH AIRWAYSCACTUSCAIRCANADIANCANDLERCANEXCANJETCARAVANCARGOLUXCATHAYCAYMANCHALLENGE AIR CARGOCHAUTAUQUACHINA SOUTHERNCIMBERCITRUSCITYCOAST CENTERCOAST GUARDCOMAIRCONDORCONNIECONTINENTALCORSAIRCROATIACROSSAIRCYPRUSDANISHDANTAXDELTADHLDOMINICANADRAGONAIRDREAM FLIGHTDUTCHBIRDDYNASTYEAGLE FLIGHTEASTERNEASYECHO EXPRESSEDELWEISSEGYPTAIREL ALELITEEMERALD HARBOR AIREMERYEMIRATESESTONIANEUROPAEVAEVERGREENEXEL CUMMUTERFALCK LINEFALCONFAROELINEFED EXFINE AIRFINNAIRFIRST AIRFLAG SHIPFLYINGFREE AIRFRENCH LINEFRONTIERFRONTIER FLIGHTFUNNAGAIAGARUDAGEMINIGEORGIANGERMANIAGHANAGHOSTGIANTGLOBAL FREIGHTWAYSGO FLIGHTGOLGORDONGREENLANDAIRGULF AIRGULF FLIGHTHANSA LINEHAPAGLLOYDHAWAIIANHIGHLANDHORIZONIBERIAICE AIRINTERAIRINTERBIZISRAIRJAMAICAJAPAN AIRJATJERSEYJET BLUEJET LINKJET SETJET USAJETCOPTERJORDANIANKENYAKESTRELKITTY HAWKKLMKOREAN AIRKUWAITILAKES AIRLAN CHILELANDMARKLAPALAUDALEGENDARYLIFEGUARDLOGICLONG HORNLOTLTULUFTHANSALUXAIRMAERSK COMMUTERMAERSKAIRMALAYSIANMALEVMARINEMARTINAIRMAXAIRMESABAMEXICANAMID EXMIDLANDMIDNIGHTMIDWAYMIDWINGMONARCHMOROC AIRNAMIBIANAVYNEW ZEALANDNEWDANNIGERIANIGHT CARGONORDEXNORSCRAFTNORSEMANNORSHUTTLENORSKENORSPEEDNORTH AMERICANNORTH FLYINGNORTHWESTOLYMPICOMNIONTARIOORANGEORBISORBITOZARKPACIFICAPAKISTANIPAN AMPHILIPPINEPOLAR TIGERPRO AIRPULKOVOQANTASRED ROCKREGIONALRENOAIRREVOLARHEINTALRYANRYANAIRSAAB-CRAFTSAB AIRSABENASAUDIASCANCONSCANDINAVIANSCANJETSCANVIPSCANWINGSHAMROCKSINGAPORESKY EAGLESKY EXSKY EXPRESSSKY WINGSSKYTOURSKYWESTSOARSOBELAIRSOUTHWESTSPANAIRSPEED BIRDSPEED FOXSPEEDWAYSPIRITSPIRIT WINGSSPRINGBOKSTARLINESTERLINGSUN COUNTRYSUN SCANSUNTURKSURINAMSWINGSWISSAIRTACATAMTAPTARGETTAROMTHAITRADEWINDSTRANSATTRANSAVIATRANSWING CARGOTURKAIRTWATYROLEANUKAYUNITEDUPSUS AIRUS AIR SHUTTLEVANGUARD AIRVARIGVASPVIKINGVIPERVIRGINVIRGIN EXPRESSVIRGIN SUNVOLGAVOYAGEWATER SKIWESTWEST INDIANWESTFLYWHITE STARWIDEROEWINDSORWINDY CITYWISCONSINWORLDWORLD TRAVELYUKONZANTOP

Guest Crash_Hawk

A question for you. Why did you add Frontier and British Airways? They are both covered in the default sound pack. BA=Speedbird and Frontier=Frontierflight. Southwest is the only airline that I couldn't find. Regards,Crash