Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martin

ATC Callsigns - How many?

Guest lmoelleb

Hmm, I think I should add a dialog box telling people that Speed Bird is British airways in the next version. It could pop up every time someone enter British Airways in the ID field :)Anyway, if you have't been able to find more missing airlines, I will make the guess you only fly in the US/Canada, as tre list of airlines in FS2002 looks suspiciously much like a list of airlines flying in or to North America - even major airlines like Ryan Air is missing - I saw some time ago that this is Europes second highest valued airline (stock price * number of stocks I guess), so even if it has slipped back a bit, I still think it's wierd it's not there./Lars

Hi Lars! This is (err, could be, read below..) a great program, been waiting a long time for something like this.If I only could get it to work.....I have followed all the procedures in the helpfile (installed .NET framework, etc.) using the quickstart method. Everything seems OK, no errors, and I update both the voicepack, the airlines.cfg and my aircraft.cfg files.But in FS2002 I have lost all my usual callsigns, and no new ones have appeared either, except for one (Wideroe).. Instead, ATC uses only the flightnumber. And I can't figure out what I possibly could have done wrong. Your helpfile says it's only been tested on Win XP. I'm a 98 SE user, could this be the problem?REgards,RogerCeleron BX440, cel566@850, 640 MB SDRAM, FS2002Pro, Win 98 SE (Norwegian).

Guest lmoelleb

I have heard this from a few places - strangely enough I think it's Scandinavian Windows 98 users only so far. I have no idea what the problem could be - maybe even the .Net framework, but I wouldn't bet on it being the problem.Once I find out what additional callsign gives problems on German versions of Flight Simulator I will see if I can find out what the problem is here./Lars

Guest Martin

Hi Lars. I'm another Scandinavian user of your program, and using Windows ME everything went fine. I even edited a few callsigns myself. :-)By the way, the callsign for Air Europa is only "Europa" (like in the original file), while the callsign for Air Europe is "Air Europe", at least according to what sources I could find on the net.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing