Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

Can my system handle the 737NG?

Hello. I'd really like to get the 737NG but can anyone advise me about system specs, please. I'm running an Athlon XP2000 (1.67GHz), 512MB DDR RAM and an ATI 9600 PRO. I have no problems with FS9, don't have any other FS programmes running, and get reasonable frame rates (c.20-25 FPS with mid-range settings)using the LAGO Twin Otter, DF Cessna 310 and PSS A340.Would such a set-up realistically cope with the 737, which I gather from previous posts is a bit more demanding? If anyone's running it successfully on a similar machine I'd love to hear.Thanks.Ian

Guest ba747heavy

Ian,Short answer: yesLong answer: I run a system with an XP 2000, Ti4600, and 1.0 gig of RAM. I started testing the NG with 512, but upgraded to 1.25 in the middle of testing, and then just two days ago I had a stick of RAM go bad on me. So you have a better video card than I, and the same amount of RAM as I did, and with a lesser video card I ran it just fine :)

Ian... to make a good judgement, I think, you will need to decide of the VC is important for you.. ( VC is demanding) and what scenery you are using... ( some of the add-ons are also quite demanding)I think those 2 items will make a differenceb rdgs Dick

Thanks to you both. I went ahead and downloaded this morning. What a stunner - I've been testing her out with a few visual circuits and bumps. No probs at all. I think this aircraft is one of the best I've experienced so far in FS - the flight model gives a nice firm, stable feel for manual approaches. The VC does indeed slow the FPS down a bit but it's still usable. Fred - does the extra RAM make a significant difference as I'm thinking of doubling to 1GB?Cheers for nowIan

Guest hoohah

I have less of a system than you:AMD 1.3 Gig768 Meg of PC133GF4 MX 420 64MbI'm getting quite satisfactory perf. from the 737NG. I don't use the VC model much, as I prefer the 2D for the most part; but even when I do, it doesn't seem to be much drain on the system.I'd say you'll be quite pleased.Cheers,

i have an XP2200 with a Geforce 4 ti 4600, i used to have 512 ram but i was getting stuttering with the PSS Busses and 737NG, i doubled my ram and the whole plot runs a lot smoother with much less stuttering and virtually no HD activity, my FPS is not high in fact i have it pegged at 16 and it sometimes drops below this at busy airports, but then i have everthing maxed out (just have view distance set to 60 miles); prefering eye candy to blistering frame rates. IMHO the extra ram was well worth it.