Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

'Plan' mode

Sorry if this has been answered before, a quick search did not throw anything up.Once your route has been entered in the FMC it is normal to check it by using plan mode on the MCP.In the 767PIC you can do this before the route is activated or executed. However in the PMDG 737NG it seems you have to both activate and execute the route before you can use plan mode and step through the route.It seems a little odd to me that you cannot check your route before comitting it in the FMC, or am I doing something wrong?TIADave

You *should* be able to go through the route prior to activate unless I am mistaken? Of course you must have some route other than DEP/ARR entered. Do you have the LEGS page open and EFIS to PLAN MODE?[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Experienced this yesterday (first SU2 flight!), Randy.En-route from KLAS to KLAX, I was entering a STAR for KLAX and got a DISCO INSRTED AFTER KLAX message (or something similar). (I had used KLAX as a final route waypoint). Anyway, I cleared the message from the scratchpad and tried to see why a discontinuity had been inserted (before executing the route). However, there was no STEP prompt on the LEGS page. I don't know if the two events were related however.Cheers.Ian.

I will check it. You should be allowed to view the inactive route or the route with modifications and or DIScons. I recall going over this in Beta and was pretty sure we got it right but maybe there is something there. *Maybe* ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Affirm Randy.Tried it with full route (SIDs & STARs) and basic route in the FMC, plan mode set on the MCP but do not get 'STEP' option on the legs page.As I am used to doing it in the 767PIC I don't think I am doing anything wrong but will do a full check tomorrow, bit late in the UK now :-)RgdsDave

Hi Randy,My mistake, sorry, I do get 'step' mode after activating a route but before executing it, don't know how I missed it before, all happy now :-)Now to go and sort out the cockpit views in the 767PIC from the ones you, phil, and other did ;-)Flying the other night I lost landing lights and I am sure they used to be there, still wrong forum for right plane :D

;), Actually Phil's did not have landing lights or rain showing on the windscreen but my last one did. I am thinking of updating the bitmaps/gauges for the Version 2 release. I will have to wait to have the new one in hand before I know if it's possible...[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg