Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

Pushback guages added to radio stack

Guest rcarlson123

Hello fellow PMDG addicts ...I decided to install the popular ground handling (pushback and taxispeed) guages, and I love 'em, but I thought it would be better to have the guages integrated into one of the existing secondary panels instead of having them just float on the screen. I decided to put them either on the overhead or on the radio stack, since I didn't want them visible on the main panel. I decided on the radio stack since that made the most sense, since you use the intercom to communicate with the pushback crew.Anyway ... I figured I'd post the resulting panel.cfg code in case someone else here wants to do the same. I only put the pushback and audio switch gauges on the panel, and none of the other stuff from the ground handling guage set, although it's still available via the view menu. Here's a screenshot:http://www.metacraft.com/flightsim/photo_l...radio_stack.jpgYou can see the two guages added in the ADF section. I chose that spot simply because that's where there was room. :)And here's the code to replace the [Window08] section in the panel.cfg. (You need to go through the normal installation instructions for the ground handling guages before you make this change. The ground handling guages can be found at http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=39180 ) Notice this code also adds the audio control switches to the radio stack://--------------------------------------------------------[Window08] // PMDG_RADIO_STACK_PANELfile=737NG_RADIO_BACKGROUND.bmp file_1024=737NG_RADIO_BACKGROUND.bmp size_mm=600,540position=8visible=0Background_color=0,0,0 ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELgauge00=PMDG_737NG_Main!RadioStack, 0, 0, 600, 540gauge01=737-400!Audio, 315, 430, 250 //TMM for SU2gauge02=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundSwitch, 413, 339, 50, 36gauge03=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackDisplay, 473, 325, 86, 64gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackStates, 0,0gauge06=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundServer,0,0gauge07=rcb_groundhandling!BrakeSound, 0,0gauge08=rcb_sound!sound,0,0,,,9998 9999 100 // 95:Default overall sound volume

Guest B1900 Mech

Thankyou Ross! But I cannott seem to find the File rcb_groundhandling.cab. I see a winzip file with that name with no such file within.

Guest rcarlson123

Hrm, not sure ... when I downloaded the zip, the cab was in there. Are there ANY files in the zip?

Guest rcarlson123

Yeah, that's the CAB file ... your computer is showing it as a WinZip file since it has the .cab extension associated with WinZip. You should be fine if you copy that file to your guages directory, and follow the rest of the instructions as well.

Guest B1900 Mech

Thank's Ross, I will let you know how it goes:-) P.S. how do you like my file extensions for my downloads folder?:-lol Sorry, I have been up to long!

Guest B1900 Mech

No Joy on the attempt. Wait, I got it working! Time to hit the sack!

Is there some kinda interference between ADF and "audio" button????Anyone???Essono Fritz

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest ba747heavy

I don't mean to be a spoil sport, but I think it needs mentioning that PMDG has stated that any modification of the NG will cause them to refuse support to you in the future if you encounter a problem. By implementing this mod, however useful it is, will void your support.

Guest rcarlson123

Yes Essono, that's mentioned in the documentation for the ground handling guages. I don't remember the specifics, so check their docs for the details.

Thanks Ross - wanted to do that for some time but never knew how.

Guest malgeorge

I like it. Carried out the installation as per the readme file.Pushback is working great but I don't have a taxispeed gauge for the taxispeed operation. Have I missed something?Mal

Guest malgeorge

Found the taxispeed gauge button top lefthand corner of the screen. Down arrow.Now to give it a try.Mal

Guest tmetzinger

>I don't mean to be a spoil sport, but I think it needs>mentioning that PMDG has stated that any modification of the>NG will cause them to refuse support to you in the future if>you encounter a problem. By implementing this mod, however>useful it is, will void your support.Right until you put back the original panel.cfg file (you DID make a backup copy, didn't you), or reinstall the original bird.Then - voila! - you're good to go once more.

I can't find that anywhere. Can you show a shot of it please? The radio stack is altered as it should be.