Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

Pushback guages added to radio stack

Guest rcarlson123

My modification only adds the pushback and audio switch guages to the radio panel. The taxispeed and taxispeed arming switches are still accessible through the normal ground handling panel. You can view that by going to your "Views" menu, choosing "Instrument Panel" then choosing "Groundhandling".Or, if you installed the little arrow icon as per the instructions, you can just click that.

Guest bobfiegel

Bob Fiegel

Guest malgeorge

Wth regards to taxispeed and use with PMDG. The NG aircraft moves at between 24 - 28 Percent N1 depending on the load.The default 737 does not move until >50 percent N1 Taxispeed is modelled on the default craft. Is it possible to reduce the throttle power taxispeed uses to increase / maintain speed. Thanks,Mal

Guest rcarlson123

I'm not sure ... you'd have to ask the folks that made the taxispeed guage. I thought it just adjusted throttle and brakes to keep you at the desired speed, but I don't know since I don't use it. I only use the pushback guages.

Guest DavidMartin

Argh!!!Could someone do me a big favour and post their Panel.cfg files for the 737-700 VC and 737-700 2D cockpit - I thought I had backed my old ones up, but discovered (after making a complete hash of my files) that I hadn't.Cheers,Dave

Guest rcarlson123

Not sure if it violates copyright law to send any of the files from the plane. Maybe someone from PMDG can tell us. You might just want to reinstall the plane.

Guest B1900 Mech

Just run the 737 installer to a "Test" folder, you should have these folders. Just navigate to the panel folder and copy paste the new panel config's to your CF9 install. This is the way I back up files.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/56435.jpg

Guest darrent

Hi,For some reason the guages dont appear, I have pasted the extra lines into the panel.cfg in the panel directory but it still doesnt show.I have installed the guages into fs9.Any ideas ?RegardsDarren TaylorSydney

Guest rcarlson123

Folks, I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a tech support thread for the pushback guages. They are not from myself or from PMDG, nor does PMDG support any modifications like this. If you're having trouble installing the guages, please contact the folks that wrote them. The code that I posted simply displays the guages on the radio stack, and I thought it would be useful for other PMDG 737NG pilots.That being said, feel free to email me and I might be able to help.

Guest darrent

Thanks,Got it working, had to paste it into two different panel.cfgRegards,Darren TaylorSydney

Hi Folks,Since I'm the author of the gauges, I'll put in my 2 cents :-)As Ross suggests, it's perfectly feasible to put the gauges into another (allready existing) Window.Just one word of warning:If you do decide to do this, make sure that any of the gauges appears only ONCE in the panel.cfg file.Reason for this is, that they use a thing called "global variables" to communicate with eachother, and if multiple versions of a gauge are active (e.g. when both the Groundhandling window and the RadioStack window are opened once), the result of operation will almost certainly become unpredictable.And if you do decide to use the full set, and want to open the Groundhandling window with the included Icon, don't add the Icon to Window00 (which is usually the main panel) but to Window01.E.g.:gauge24=rcb_groundhandling!Icon_Pushback, 1000,60,14,14will put the Icon on the centerpost, just below the compass.I won't be following this thread anymore, so if you have any other questions (after RTFM of course :-) ) don't hesitate to email me..Rob Barendregt

Guest 737pilot

I have the same problem. Then what are the two different panel.cfg files?Thanks in advance.Nico

Guest 737pilot

Can someone, hopefully Darren Taylor himself!, tell me which two different panel.cfg files I have to paste the changes into?Thanks very much in advance.Nico