Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

B1900 panel question

Guest rici

Hiya,Just a question on the 1900 panel. I notice that inbetween the radio stacks, and under the standby AI, there is a large square bare part of the panel with only three little black bits, one on top of the other. What are they?Also, are you going to put a weather radar in there? Most 1900 cockpits I have seen have one right there. Did FS 2004 not have solid clouds that could be picked up by a radar guage? that would be neat if PMDG included WX radar on the 744 and 1900, the first ever fully function wx radar in FS, ever! Richard.

Guest A32X

Also, I read above that the Beech 1900 doesn't have an autopliot. Will you guys make the PMDG Beech without an autopilot too and just create a flight director? That would be fantastic! Here's an old shot from the screenshot forum I think;http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/56156.jpgAnd I can't see an "AP" button; mind I can't see a "FD" button either. Maybe some operators upgraded their 1900s.Paul

Guest rici

I think it does have an autopilot. If you look at the screenshots Rob posted then you will see that in the top left of the captains panel, there is the 'HDG' 'ALT' 'NAV' buttons. But it would be good to hear from PMDG about a weather radar in that space. PS: Is there any means for waypoint navigation on this plane?

Guest A32X

I think it was the excellent FLY! series that put a weather radar in that space with their rendition of the KingAir. I think the weather radar on the 1900 will be on the lower CRT display if anywhere; and for waypoint navigation I guess it's the old DME/NDB/VOR.Paul

Guest A32X

Hi Rici,That shot you've posted is of the "steam powered" 1900C, PMDG are making the EFIS equipped 1900D, I have not seen a 1900D with a radar display as you've shown in your link. Here's a shot of the 1900D from the Beechcraft website;http://airliner.raytheonaircraft.com/raas/...cockpit_lrg.jpgI'm guessing the weather radar is in Test mode.Regards,Paul

Guest rici

Paul you right!!! I was wrong.So, PMDG, are you gonna give us a wx radar?;-)richard

Guest B1900 Mech

Our a/c have an autopilot, It's the low payed person in the right seat, The mode panel above the EFIS display's nav info to the command bar's.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/56258.jpgThe 5 black objects are post lights for illuminating the V-speed or non normal chart ring binder's that can be hung from the silver horizontal rod. Or approach plates, etc, from the clip to the left.

They sure have a busy panel! There a lot of gauges and other things to get lost in. LOLThat's the only thing I don't like about these type of panels, too many things to try and fit in a screen for simming. Like the PSS Dash-8, great plane, but always zooming to read things.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest B1900 Mech

That's why hand flying these rocket's around the north east,in our lovely weather,is considered the best experience in the biz ;-)