Sign in to follow this  
Guest Centurion

Disable Aural Takeoff Warning

Guest Centurion

Hi all,I would like to disable the takeoff warning sound in PMDG 737 SU2.I tried using the Styles menu option but it is still active.Thanks.

Guest Centurion

A response from PMDG would be graetly appreciated.

Cary,Since this IS supposed to be an accurate depiction of the 737NG, if the pilot fails to correctly configure his aircraft for safe departure, the audible warning is there to alert the crew of unsafe conditions. Since you are hearing the audible warning there are steps that you have missed in configuring the aircraft for departure. The only way to avoid the warning tone is to configure your aircraft correctly. There are a few tutorials available on the AVSIM site that set's up the '37 for operation and reading these or the operators manual included with the product, will enhance your simming pleasure.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...misc&DLID=41285http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...misc&DLID=35813The first link is to Fred Clausen's tutorial and the second is to Timothy M. Metzinger's.

Guest Centurion

Pete,Thanks for the reply. Having flown professionally, I am quite familiar with takeoff warning systems....nontheless, thanks for the info.I am using the PMDG product exclusively for its superb flight dynamics and do not need, nor want the takeoff warning to sound. Aural warnings are handled by other software.Again, is it possible to disable the takeoff configuration aural warning system in PMDG?Thanks.

Cary,at this point it is not possible to disarm that warning. I get the warning if I fail to set flaps before takeoff or advance the throttle too quickly.

Well if you have ever flown a NG, you would not be able to disable *this* warning. It might be possible to do something with the SOUND file that is for the warning, I am not sure how but pretty sure you can find a way to do it, PMDG will not assist you in this venture ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Centurion

@Pete,Thank you for the answer.@RandyI have not flown nor have I claimed to have flown the 737. I had simply asked if it was possible to disable the aural warnings on the PMDG product as I am handling aural alerts through other software. If PMDG cannot provide any suggestions, perhaps someone else can?Thanks.

Cary, are you hearing this warning other than on takeoff? When you do hear the warning, are your flaps set?

Guest Centurion

Hi Pete,The warning will occasionally sound despite the aircraft being properly reconfigured for takeoff *following a previous landing*. Stab trim/Flaps and LEDs/Speedbrake lever/Spoiler position/Parking brakeI believe this has been brought up in an earlier post.At any rate, as I previously mentioned, I do not require any aural alerts and would like to find a safe way to disable all of them.Thanks for your continued help.

hello All..various times fellow captains have reported that this aural warning system goes eventhough they feel the aircraft was properly configured. I have experienced the same... the warning sounded and for the life of me I could not find what was wrong...Could somebody give a indication of which errors will trigger this alarm ? once we have a list we can check item by item and hopefully this discussion about incorrect aural t/o warning will be over..thx and b rdgs - Dick Riddersma

Guest Toni Rauch

I suffered this 'bug' and was given the solution in an earlier thread.I had the audible warning (bleeping sounds)every time I advanced the throttles, even slightly, although the aircraft was definitely configured correctly. Same happened using TOGA.The solution was surprising - the problem occured because after installing SU2, I also added a couple of extra liveries.To eliminate the warning sounds (i.e. only have them coming on when they should), run the PMDG Load Manager to re-adjust PAX/baggage and save the new setting.Voila - problem gone!Hope this helps.Toni.

Guest Centurion

Hello Pete,Yeah I thought this would look after it too, but unfortunately the takeoff configuration warning still makes it through. Thanks.

Does the product come with a checklist for the normal operation of the NG737? All I have herd is other people making their own... so I presume the download doesnt include a Checklist..Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer