Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

Fuel Planner Beta 3 Uploaded

Guest rcarlson123

Hi folks ... I just released a new version (beta version #3) of my fuel planner utility. The only change is a fix for a small but nasty bug that caused the program window to hide itself on startup. Grab the latest beta version here:http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/I haven't had any other bug reports, so I suspect I'll be releasing a non-beta version very soon.

Guest ba747heavy

Very nice Ross. My only suggestion would be to allow flight levels greater than FL370 because 37- and up is where the NG belongs(so I am told anyway ;-)) The service ceiling is something like FL410, so it would be nice to plan for flight at FL390 and FL410 :)Just a small suggestion, otherwise it looks fabulous :-hah

Guest TooLowFlap

Thanks Ross, now everything works fine. Keep up the great work :)kind RGDS,Flo

Just a question, not a suggestion. :(A flight from EDDL to LEPA is about 763NM then wat do i have to fill in the FUel planner and the alternate is about 80NM,You only allow a min. alternate of 200NM.For the rest it is just perfect.Thanks Ross,Ramon.

Guest Paragon

Nice program. I have a suggestion though. Could you make the taxi fuel in min. instead, plus I would like to have alt. des. less than 200nm?Mikkel

Guest rcarlson123

Hi guys ... the minimum distance for cruise or alternate is 200nm because that's where the fuel consumption charts start in the documentation. That's also the reason why taxi fuel is entered as pounds of fuel instead of minutes of taxi, since I don't have any true data on fuel consumption during taxi as it relates to taxi time. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to calculate based on fuel flow at taxi thrust, but I'm not sure it's necessary to go to the trouble. What do you all think?

Hi RossI have no problem with taxi fuel quoted as weight rather than time. It's only a guess (based on experience) after all. Very different from calculated fuel burn over distance. Anyone who guesses their taxi burn wrong by enough to affect safety is leaving their margins far too tight if you ask me.BTW, hadn't said so before but add me to your list of very satisfied customers :-) This is a tremendously useful tool.Paul Croft10 miles SE of EGLL

Guest rcarlson123

Excellent! Glad to hear it.FYI, I should have a new version out soon that fixes a problem with an "incorrect FS version" error, and also enforces the need to have 1000 pounds of fuel in the center tank. Stay tuned!

Guest filfpg

hello ramon,hope the datas i sent to ross on alternate will help the way you get altn from 50 to 600 nm ???!!!truly yoursphil

Guest rcarlson123

Beta 4 is available now, which fixes a bug which caused an error similar to "Incorrect FS version" when trying to load fuel or read payload data via FSUIPC.Grab it here:http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/I'm currently working on having the center fuel tank always have the minimum required fuel.

Guest rcarlson123

Hrm ... I did some digging around, and all I found with regards to the center tank fuel requirements is that the wing tanks must be full if the center tank has 1000 or more pounds of fuel in it.This should not be a problem with respect to my utility, since it always fills the wing tanks before putting any fuel in the center tank. However, someone (in another thread) alluded to a SOP requiring at least 1000 pounds in the center tank in any circumstances.Can anyone comment on this? If there needs to always be a certain amount of fuel in the center tank, then I would like to modify my utility to support that requirement.Thanks.