Sign in to follow this  
bojote

PMDG 737NG Landing Video

I've been a PIC user since fs2000. After I saw this video I inmediatly knew the PMDG 737 was the only plane in my fs2004 hangar till I wait for PIC v2. Congratulations to the developers and Tero for producing this ILS Landing video.http://www.simradar.com/Feature/Videos__Sc...lips/index.htmluse the following account so you don't have to register:login: testpassword: testing

Guest JamieG

excellent job there i love all of the videos must have taken quite some time and effort--great job and I really apprecaite it!! Excellent!

Funny thing is that capturing the videos was a no brainer (using a small app called FRAPS)Encoding it for streaming was done using a small application called Cameo (but you can use the freeware Real Producer as well)and uploading them to simradar takes 10 minutes with a fast connection.And best of all? you win POINTS for videos you upload... ;) the PMDG videos are, without a doubt the best quality videos on the site at this time, they look beautiful even in full screen.

Guest Paul Heaney

Ewwwww, you need Realplayer. No thanks.

Guest whites

Yeah, real player is nasty. I downloaded the current real player to have a look at the video but as it turns out I get a black screen thought I get the sound ok. :-( The bandwidth is a lot higher than my poor little 56k modem can take so even if I could see the image I wouldn't want to go through 5 second video then 20 second load cycles anyway!Disappointing, oh well, just gota go back and uninstall real player again!Steven.

There's plans to capture a full VATSIM session on video using either the PMDG737 or PIC767, as a learning tool I guess it is a very good idea, specially since the video can later be edited only to include the critical phases of flight and the relevant radio communications with the controllers.The only problem with this video capture of in flight sessions is the CPU power it requires. That's why I'm waiting for my external DVD-R to capture the output directly to it and avoid using precious CPU cycles. Expect to see ILS approaches with bad weather, VATSIM sessions (fly ins) emergency handling procedures, complex SID,STAR procedures, Kai Tak landings, funchal approaches and more..there's some more features at simradar.com in adition to the videos, but since I want to keep this on topic I won't mention them here ;) just make sure you watch the PMDG videos (the only downside is that it requires Real Player and a broadband connection) but the videos stream in real time, you don't have to download them to see them. Use this account if you don't feel like registering:Login: testPassword: testing