Sign in to follow this  
AlbertM

No AMEX accepted ?!?!?

Hi guysI decided to purchase the 737, but big surprise at the check out: only Visa and Mastercard !?What's going on ? Every f***g cigarette shop accepts AMEX ... well, at least in Germany ... maybe it's different in America ... :( PSS, simmarket, flight1 ... they all accept AMEX - why not PMDG ?What to do now ?Cheers

Guest tmetzinger

>PSS, simmarket, flight1 ... they all accept AMEX - why not>PMDG ?>>What to do now ?>>CheersWell, as the Sporty's pilot shop told me (they don't take AMEX either), the surcharge from AMEX is higher than VISA/MC. I believe there's also a significant setup charge - not a big deal if you're selling LOTS of different products like simmarket or flight1, but when you're selling just one it may make more sense to hold off on the others.This is pure speculation on my part, as I have no knowledge of PMDG's business practices.As for what to do now, you can go buy a prepaid visa card or get a visa bank debit card, and problem solved!

Tim-Thanks for the well qualified reply! You hit the nail right on the head!AMEX has outrageous surcharges. If PMDG were to accept AMEX- we would most likely require AMEX customers to pay upwards of $5 USD more for the product....The charges really are that rediculous....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>What's going on ? Every f***g cigarette shop accepts AMEX ...Albert- As the CEO of Virtual Lufthansa- I'd appreciate if you do not take to "text masked swearing" in the PMDG forum. It is not acceptable- and I would not swear in such fasion in your forum....Thank you!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

My apologies, Robert ... this obviously sounded hard to you but wasn't meant this way from my side at all. Anyway - I apologize for expressing myself in such a way.I understand AMEX is taking high fees, charges which you miss from your profit. But see it from this point: I surely will not go and get a second credit card just to be able to purchase PMDG products and I am sure there are many simmers out there who think the same way. So it's your choice to sell more with a few less profit or don't sell it to those people which means zero profit.Don't get me wrong - I don't want to tell you how to do your business, I am just wondering why your direct competitors like PSS or Captainsim can do (without an 'AMEX surcharge'!) but PMDG can not. And I am wondering this because I have the impression that your products are outstanding - I just can't buy it without changing my CC.Best regards

Albert - most banks now have check cards that act as Visa credit cards (but they're not really credit cards - they draw straight from your checking account) This is what I buy everything online with - works great!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest slapshot

Me too!In australia they call it a visa debit card! They look like a normal visa card but there is no credit attached! So there is no credit checks! You can only make a purchase if you have funds in you bank accout linked to the card! In Australia the following banks offer them. Westpac, Bank Of Melbourne and St George. There are probably more!Pete

Guest AUS Steve

You can also get a prepaid VIAS at www.netspend.comSteveAustin, TXkeep the blue part on top...

My (UK) bank issues those. They can cause a slight problem with some sites though as they often have Delta on the reverse and you sit there wondering why the site will not accept your (supposedly) Visa card.My thoughts towards my bank are the same as Mrs Tavendale's to John :-lol

Hi Ryan,>Albert - most banks now have check cards that act as Visa credit cards (but they're not really credit cards - they draw straight from your checking account)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest slapshot

>>>Canadian banks, on the other hand, have their own debit card system called Interac,<<<<

G'Day everyone...Im only 16 and my mum tells me that I am too young for my own visa (which is probably correct). I do how ever have a card (keycard) which is where my pay for work and what not goes..... My mum also tells me that I cannot use that card to buy online... Someone here mentioned EFTPOS... Im in Aus but Im still trying to work out what works with what... could anyone explain this to me?ThanksRyan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer