Sign in to follow this  
Djet

Landinglight is like a blinding milky soup

As you know, turning on the landinglights in msfs is no help at all...on the contrary...it

Jesper,SU2 has improved landing lights. If you're using SU2, this is the best that FS9 will allow. If you're not, then updating your plane will provide better lighting. For non-PMDG aircraft, there is a guide available on the AVSIM server that explains how to update the landing lights for other aircraft. I don't know the file name but a search of the AVSIM FS9 library for landing lights should show you the right file, or someone else will provide the name for you after reading this post.

Guest ba747heavy

Jesper,Yea, one of Bill G's many nice 'features' of FS ;)

Guest johns

Jesper if you search the forums and the libary there are night textures by Chris Willis that improve the landing lights dramatically and can be installed by themselves or with the rest of his night textures that you may prefer to the default ones. John Sugden

Agree, landing lights are very poor but panel lighting other than the main panel is also poor. Especially the overhead and trottle quadrant are terrible. Mine have a dark brownish background and the switches are just not visible. One has to quess where they are located and hope something will happen with a mouse click. Well, I can live with this if there is no solution because other than that this Pmdg B737 is great.Maurice

Guest Paragon

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks the overhead panel is really hard to see at night. I sometimes switch off the light just to be able to click the right switch.Mikkel

Though not as good as trainsim, but a whole lot better than the default, try spotligh.zip from flightsim

Guest jumpjet

HiThere are new (improved?) night textures here :-http://fsw.simflight.com/FSWFs2k4Gnights.htmlYou don't have to install the whole package if you don't want to, you can just replace the landing light textures. If I remember correctly, they are spotlight.bmp and halo.bmp.Try it and see, just back-up the textures folder before you do it.BTW, this also where you can get an alternate cloud texture package, which may increase your frame rates a bit if your FS9 is struggling. I am trying them out at the moment.CheersGraham

Landing lights are OK for me on PMDG, but I concur with the opinion expressed in this thread about the poor lighting of the overhead panel and the throttle quadrant was totally forgotten in my view. This is something that ought being improved for future releases. I actually apparently misunderstood that it was to be enhanced with SU2.Otherwise, a great product by any standards.