Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Questions for PMDG

Hello, I Have a few questions for the people at PMDG or whoever can answer them. - Will TCAS or real Weather Radar ever be modeled in the 737 or any other PMDG project for that matter, as I remember I think both of those were modeled on the Fly! 2 757.- How do I get the vertical profile thing to show up on my navigation screen?- How come I cannot ever get the FMC to transition into DES mode? Please help!!! I appreciate your patience because I probably sound pretty silly to those of you who know all about navigation and navigation systems.Thanks,Jeff Smith USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Jeff,no, you don't sound silly. I'm still lost when it comes to the instruments of the '37 so you're not alone. - As for TCAS, yes we are looking to deliver that for the 8/900 which should then be available for the 6/700.- Verticle profile? Haven't a clue, sorry.- Have you checked Fred Clausen's or Timothy M. Metzinger's tutorials? These set up the FMC and following their examples will show you how to correctly setup and use the FMC.Someone more knowledgable should jump in here if I've mis-spoken.

The *deviation Scale* will show once a valid descent is started. To accomplish a FMC DEScent, you need a few things, first, you must have a End Of Descent point on your active route. Second, you must reset the FMC prior to your Top Of Descent Point, the CDU will display a message 5 miles prior to the T/D to remind you.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

"Second, you must reset the FMC prior to your Top Of Descent Point, the CDU will display a message 5 miles prior to the T/D to remind you."I think you meant "reset your MCP altitude", Randy, not your FMC? ;-) Before top of descent, set your MCP altitude to something below your cruise altitude...e.g. your next FMC descent height restriction (or ATC-cleared height). Resetting the FMC in flight (e.g. by pulling Circuit Breakers) may lead to lots of problems :(Something which might stop the DES page appearing is having your CRZ ALT set too high (i.e. the aircraft cannot climb, cruise at the set cruise altitude for the minimum time(usually one minute) and then descend within the (LNAV route) distance between the two (departure/destination) airports. Note that the recommended altitude on your PERF INIT page does not take into account altitude restrictions on the LEGS page. It may be overly optimistic. Choose an altitude lower than this when necessary.Cheers.Ian.