Sign in to follow this  
Guest esperienza

Invalid entry error on rte page...

Guest esperienza

Hi to all flight simmers out there and of course PMDG.Everytime I try to enter an airway in the rte page after having loaded origin and destination airport I get an error message "invalid entry" that doesn't allow me to enter a specific airway instead of the default direct entry.In my case I'm trying to insert UW98 airway until ANC navaid from LIBP.The airway seams to be a valid one but I always get this same message (invalid entry).Am I doing something wrong or is this a known bug?If it is can it be fixed temporarly? Very frustrating!!!Thanks to PMDG for this amazing aircraft and hope to hear from someone soon in regard.Good Day,David

Guest ba747heavy

What LSK are you hitting to upload UW98?

Guest esperienza

Hi, I'm hitting LSK1 on the left of the fmc to replace direct but I'm getting the message even when inserting in LSK2-3 always on the left side of course.Thanks,DavidAMD XP2000 Windows XP Home Edition512 DDR PC 2700Ge Force FX 5600 ultraSound Blaster liveFsuipc 1.3 registered

Guest ba747heavy

Odd. Inserting the airway onto the same line(in this case one) is not correct SOP; you insert the airway on the next line(in this case two). However, it is giving you an error. So my question, please don't take this as an insulting question, is are you sure that that ANC is the start of this airway? Can you post the route you are trying to enter so that I can try this on my copy of the NG?We'll get this one figured out :)

Guest Fjorko

Remember with each AIRAC released, some airways etc gets changed so U98 might be something else depending on what Airac you have installed.

Guest esperienza

OK, I think you just made me realise that I might be screwing up big time!The begining of the airway is Kupar, Anc is the final waypoint for that airway.Thanks guys,David

Hello DavidTry the UL982 it runs from CRN in the South to SRN in the North and picks up the PES at LIBP , KUPAR and ANC along the way.Simon

Guest WA

Hmmm, i was just about to ask the same question on airways.Seems i'm doing something wrong aswell then.I was trying to enter a route from Schiphol Amsterdam to Barajas Madrid.First LEKKO(just south of EHAM) to NIK(nicky) using airway UB31...gave me an invalid entry on UB31.Second from PPN(112.30) to BAN(112.80) airway UR10 was seen as invalid entry.I'm kinda baffled by this aswell, both UR10 and UB31 are in the airac database.Does this mean it will only accept an airway when the first entry is an actual start point of an airway, and one can't join an airway 'halfway'?Cheers,Willem.

Hello WillemTry this LEKKO UB31 WOODY UN872 NIK and PPN UN10 BANThere were many changes too airways around November time, so old routes may no longer be available.Simon

Guest WA

Hi Simon,Thanks for the tip, UB31 for LEKKO WOODY did work, but WOODY to NIK via UN872 was an invalid entry. But, my next entry was NIK to KOVIN via UN872, i deleted that entry and made it WOODY KOVIN via UN872 and that worked....and that one of course includes NIK as part of the airway.PPN to BAN UN10 was also accepted.Now from what i gather i wasn't doing things quite right, like the woody/nik/un872 thing, but when keeping updated with the airac cycles it also means that i have to have an IFR chart for europe(cause what te default MS planner shows isn't correct anymore)which i have never been able to find online(for free of course;). Or i have to plan my flights using software which uses the same airac cycles.Cheers,Willem.

Hello WillemGlad to see your getting there, you should have been able to input WOODY via UN872 to NIK without getting an error though. But as you say didn't need this anyway, as NIK wasn't the last intersection on the airway you were using.Simon

Guest WA

Hi simon,Since you said WOODY NIK via UN872 should have been accepted i gave it another try, this time from scratch.The previous attempt was an edit of a saved route.The existing route had UN872 already in it, from NIK to KOVIN, and i tried to insert WOODY NIK via UN872 in front of it. As i said that didn't work and gave me an invalid entry on UN872.But doing it from scratch with a completely new route works fine.So i could enter WOODY NIK via UN872 followed by NIK KOVIN via UN872 without problems.Not sure if this is a bug or if it's the way it is supposed to work.Cheers,Willem.

Guest esperienza

Hi PMDG, here is my full rte with airways: LIBPPES (115.90)KUPAR VIA UW98 (the one giving the error message)ANC -------ANC10 VIA IL612 (as you can see I was able to insert this)LANLI --------AMLON --------CHI20 --------CHI --------VIC VIA UB4ALESE VIA UA12 (could'nt find airway in database)BZO -------BRENO UM726LOWIShouldn't I be abler to insert UW98 in LSK2?Thank you,David

Hello DavidAs I said in my previous post try UL982 not UW98. But update your Navdata first to make sure that this is not causing you problems. There have been lots of airway renaming since November last year.Try this routePES UL982 ANC UL612 CHI UL172 VIC UL12 BZO UM726 BRENOSimon

Guest esperienza

Thanks Simon, that worked out well.David