Sign in to follow this  
JBMH777

Unstable final approach B737-700

I'am running PMDG 1.2 on FS9.I run both tutorials from Fred Clausen and Timothy M. Metzinger.Everyting went well until the final approach. I enter the approach speed(VREF)into the MCP speed window and 3000 into the ALT window. After reducing speed, extend the flaps accordinghly the plain becomes very unstable (pitches up and down) with A*** readout in the speed window. As result that the plain recorvers from it and flies over the rwy. I tried it several times and always with the same result.I hope somebody can tell what i'am doing wrong or perhaps some tips and tricks!!!I'am also flying: Airbus 340 (in general without problems) and PIC767 (fs2002)The system:intel 4, 2.6mhzasus videocart Ti4800, 128 mb/latest drivers1 gb ramwindows xp prof SP1fs9fsuipc regist. version.Regards,Hans

Guest Overhyped

Hi Hans,I have experienced this problem with the default B777 and B747 in FS2004. I think it is a problem with FS2004 in that it cannot handle a change in pitch (caused by extending the flaps and reducing airspeed) whilst holding the ILS glideslope with the autopilot. I get round this by reducing speed and getting into landing configuration with plenty of distance to go in order to allow the autopilot to hold the ILS glideslope without having to worry about changes in pitch.The A*** readout in the speed window is (I think) the underspeed warning - you should add a couple of knots to VREF to stay above it.I'd be interested to hear whether this all helps you out!Regards,Paul Mallows...

Guest Overhyped

Hi Hans,I have experienced this problem with the default B777 and B747 in FS2004. I think it is a problem with FS2004 in that it cannot handle a change in pitch (caused by extending the flaps and reducing airspeed) whilst holding the ILS glideslope with the autopilot. I get round this by reducing speed and getting into landing configuration with plenty of distance to go in order to allow the autopilot to hold the ILS glideslope without having to worry about changes in pitch.The A*** readout in the speed window is (I think) the underspeed warning - you should add a couple of knots to VREF to stay above it.I'd be interested to hear whether this all helps you out!Regards,Paul Mallows...

One question, are you using any add-on weather programs? This can be one of two things, first, the add-on weather program is wreaking havoc with the IAS and second, you have the wrong weights in the FMC which is calculating a wrong VREF. I tend to think the former is the culprit, can you confirm?[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Hallo,Thanks for the replies. I'am not use any weather on programs but I found the problem.The cause is that I drag the loadmanager from out the TOTAL COMMANDER window on the WINDOW desktop. Therefore this loadmanager file was not pointing to the correct PMDG directory and the related ini file was not updated after modifications.Regards,Hans