Sign in to follow this  
Guest jumper

Need Some help

Guest jumper

Is anyone else having issues with the course indicator drifting away from the course route?I tried using FS Flightplan an FSnavigator, but both have the exact same results..I'm currently using the latest sids/stars for PMDG,FSNAV, Radar Contact 3.xx but no fix...The previous version SU1 worked fine, but I have not been able to get this to work with SU2...I'm familiar with the FMC programming, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the aircraft to stay on the magenta route. It just slowly drifts away and may only line up when within miles of my destination..I've tried this also with all winds disabled and all weather clear but still get the same thing..Does anyone have a clue of what i'm talking about or know how to fix this, if its fixable?SYS:WinXP Pro SP1FS2004Asus A7N8X v.2.0AMD 2800 Barton1GB Corsair DDR 2700@333mhzRadeoan 9700 Pro Omega 3.10WD 80 GB HDDWD 60 GB HDDSound Blaster LiveThanksTroy

Guest ba747heavy

Troy,What you are seeing is the 'great circle effect' at work. Basically, the FMC and the ND use two different methods of calculating the route. One is right(the FMC, as it takes into effect the GCE), and the other is wrong(the ND). The ND draws an almost straight line between waypoints, whilst the GCR would be a more 'curved' line. This effect is most pronounced on legs greater than 50 or so NM. Nothing you can do about this until the 800/900, where PMDG has stated that this will be fixed.Don't worry about it, the plane is where is needs to be, you just can't tell ;)

Guest jumper

Great!!..thanks alot Fred, I was beginning to worry that I was doing something wrong..looking forward to those 700-800 series..Bye..Troy