Sign in to follow this  
Guest radarbeam

Crash when loading after the new liveries install

Guest radarbeam

Hi guys,I got so excited after Robert annoucement that new liveries were out that I downloaded three in a row, the Fedex, Northwest, and both USair old and new colors.Now when I try to load any 737, FS9 crashes. I tried loading the default Cessna first (panel view) and got no problem there, then from there I tried loading the NG and it crashed. So i loaded the default Cessna again and selected the tower view then loaded up the NG again, it loads without a problem until I switch to the panel view, the screen goes black and FS crashes. This happens with all my PMDG "fleet".I tried to change the backup aircraft.cfg but unfortunatelly it still contains some of the new liveries, it's not the original cfg files like i had before the 4 installs. Any helps is appreciated,ThanksNick

Nick,Back up your 737-700 config file, then open your active 737-700 config file and erase all fltsim enteries after the PMDG house colors livery. That should be fltsim enteries starting at 3 onward. Start FS normally and see if you still crash.Pete

Guest radarbeam

Hi Pete,Erasing all previous liveries before PMDG's house livery didn't help. I tried the removal tool and did a fresh reinstall and now it seems to have cured it. There is just one thing though, I cannot load the NG from FS "create a flight" menu as FS crashes, I let the default Cessna load up on the runway I want and from there load the 737 it works great.Thanks,Nick

Nick,glad you're back up and running. Any additional worries, just drop us a note. Happy flying!

Guest Bob Kellett

Nick, I have had this same problem until today. Someone on this forum (I'm trying to find his post so I can give him credit!) suggested to try loading the PMDG plane that you want, let it spin around in the view window 2-3 times before hitting the "Fly Now!" button. It worked for me (after searching for a solution since day 1 of SU2!)!Bob Kelletthttp://www.opticsmall.com/VirtualAlaska/737700-.jpg

Pete,May I suggest a new sticky for your forum for this simple fix for loading PMDG aircraft. It does appear that FS9 will crash with a "memory failure" unless the plane makes 1 or 2 circles when sitting in the "create flight" screen. This works everytime for me and now a few others who I gave the info to. I just thought it maybe necessary to let everyone know either in a new sticky or an ammendment to FAQs. :-beerchugTony P

Tont,I'll pass that on. It would be worth trying to find out whats going on here.

Guest lbb

Hi guys,I would like to add that I even get a CTD when I try to load my default Transavia livery and try to change it from my default 2D to VC.Leo Bakker

Guest radarbeam

Bob,Thanks for the trick! Letting the NG turn around it self 1 or 2 times fix the crash.Nick