Sign in to follow this  
plowry

No Go problem with noise

With the two addon airplanes I presently have installed (PDMG 737 and Flt One Meridian) I experience a loud noise that drowns out all sound. Indeed it is deafening. The speakers crack and pop periodically and an intermitant noise occurs that sounds like a wave file of radio static played repeatedly. The noise has no discernable pattern save that it is usually, but not always, prompted by a view change. The duration can be short or virtually unending. I experience no noise and no cracking with the FS planes.I run a P4 2.53 gig machine with 512mb DDR RAM and a GF4 Ti4200 64 mb video card. I have been operating the FS simulator for some years and I have not experienced anythig like this before. I do not know what to do about it. I have tried reformating my hard drive and reinstalling everything, but the noise persists. It has become a No Go problem.I would much appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Hello, please sign your real name on this forum sir, thank you. Are you running a Creative SoundBlaster Live! type of card? There is a *cracking* noise if you do not have the very latest driversd installed. There is also a issue for some with the sound card IRQ s if I recall correctly. Maybe Tabs can post here the details of that just in case it's yopur issue. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Thanks for your response. Yes I do have a SoundBlaster card with the latest drivers. But why would it only affect the two addon planes installed? And would that explain the noise which is the real problem.Peter Lowry

Guest cordelia

I had this problem as well.The answer for me was to reduce sound acceleration to None.To try this go to run from the start menu and type DXDIAGThis will bring up your DirectX settings (you have got the latest version right?)go to sound and reduce to no accelaration.See if this remedies the problem?Steve

Thank you very much Steve. For the moment at least, your solution appears to have cured the problem, but it will take some more time in the air to be sure. I am left wondering what sound acceleration does and how reducing it to none will otherwise affect things. I could never have figured this out myself. Thanks again.Peter.

Guest tzadik

I am with Peter on this one. What effect does no sound acceleration have on the non-flight simulator components of my cpu?Thanks,Justin P

See if this helpshttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...24214&mode=fullRegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg