Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simpit

Manuals

What's the best site to get ops. manuals for aircraft? Thanks!

Guest Heather 636

G'Day!Well, I can't tell you what the "best" site is to get them, but there's a lot of stuff right here in the AVSIM files library.To be sure I wasn't putting my foot in my mouth, I checked first by going to the File Library, Extended Search feature.I first entered *manual* and came up with 252 results. Not all of them are manuals alone but there's quite a bit of stuff.I tried narrowing it down to a search on "manual" WITHOUT the asterisk wildcard and only came up with 170 results. So, something was narrowed down, but I don't know what.This is something anyway.Good luck!Heather

Aircraft manuals are tightly controlled by aircraft manufacturers and it is often difficult to obtain them without paying exorbitant prices (a set of manuals for Raytheon Hawker 800XP is about $2500).On the other hand few aircraft in the FS world are simulated with enough realism that would require familiarity with real manuals. And those that are come with their own manuals. 80% of what you would read in a real manual would have no application to the FS world. Therefore it is much better (and quite sufficient) to rely on the manuals provided by some of the vendors. 767PIC comes with a great set of manuals, so does DF737. On top of that they are free and you can download them without even buying their products. DF's 737 manual is especially huge giving you virtually full insight into the 737 systems.Grabowski's ERJ-145 panel has a fabulous manual too.Michael J.

Thanks everyone for your great replies!

If you go to the AVSIM file library and enter "Zagoren," (no comma) you'll find manuals for several different types of aircraft. Matt Zagoren has gone to the trouble of putting these in .pdf form. These mainly concentrate on V-speeds and cruise settings. I find them extremely helpful in my flight planning.Matt