Sign in to follow this  
popi

New Livery Winglets

I just downloaded the FEDEX and SWA Winglets.The virtual cockpits both has gauges missing. The background guages locations are transparent, that its, you can see the ramp on the ground.The aircraft is super except for the virtual cockpit.I downloaded them twice and got the same problem.Any one else?Bill Taylor

Bill,I'll alert Robert to take a look at the installer. In the mean time if you compare the files located in the base 737Winglet texture folder to the FedEx and Southwest texture folders you may not have all of the panel files present. Just copy the missing files from the texture folder over to your FedEx and Southwest texture folders.

Pete,I set up three vertical folders and all have the same number of files.PMDG 737-700 Winglets texture texture.FXL texture.WNLI'll delete the aircraft and load again.Bill Taylor

Bill,I've alerted our support team and they'll be looking into this more (I'm at work and not at my FS computer). I'm assuming all other PMDG 737 liveries work fine? Can you d/l another livery, install it and see if the problem persists?

Guest Bob_Jones

Hi Bill,I have just tried both SWA winglet versions and the FEDEX in both FS02 and FS9, all gauges show in VC cpit, I also checked the files in each texture folder, all have 72 files the same as the default texture folder.Can you tell me how you installed please, it'll help us track down the problem ;).Thanks,Regards,Bob Joneshttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpgwww.precisionmanuals.com

Bill,Just had a report from our support that installing both liveries show no missing gauges in the VC. Looks like the issue is with your install. Lets try this. Uninstall the plane using the uninstaller. Re-install SU2. Re-install only one of the repaint liveries. See if the PMDG house livery shows the gauges in the VC. Switch to your installed repaint and see if the gauges appear in the VC. Report your finds. We'll get ya back on track!

Pete,I've been offline all day due to a cable cut. I will reload the aircrafts by tomorrow evening and report backBill Taylor

Guest ba747heavy

Maybe I am missing something here, but wouldn't missing gauges in the VC affect *all* 700W aircraft? Installing a livery doesn't, to the best of my knowledge, need to update the panel.cfg file which is where the VC gauge information is stored. This indicates to me that the problem lies in the default PMDG livery as well....also indicates to me that the panel.cfg is corrupted or somehow modified to not have the VC information in it.I think reinstalling the NG is the best bet, as that should clear it up.

Gents,I've come to my own personal conclusion that FS9 has various gremlins lurking within it's inner workings that manifest itself differently depending on the hardware/software present. Re-installing after using the uninstall tool will usually correct these display problems. Some folks have no issues while others are subjected to the most arcane problems that only a re-install will cure. This particular problem is probably one of these gremlins that has no real cause yet still presents itself. Hopefully this last procedure will prove to be the cure.

Gentlemen,even after removing and reinstalling the plane (even several times) I still have the problem with gauges not showing up in the virtual-cabin/winglet combination.Im running a German XP with the US FS9 version. Registered FSUIPC 3.1.3.5.This is still the same behaviour as I mentioned in my last post you guys deleted.Thanks anyway for an incredible plane :-)Alex

Captains,a problem with the installer for the winglet equipped liveries has been identified and corrected. Please re-download these liveries and reinstall. Thanks for your patience.Your friendly neighbourhood support staff :-wedge

I have corrected my winglets livery.See page 3 on the forum "Note to Pete"Bill Taylor