Sign in to follow this  
Epikk

RTO...

Hiyaaa!!!!Don't know if somebody already talked about this in the forum...During a rejected take with autobrakes sel in "RTO"...the system doesn't apply brakes...had to apply these myself...Also...regardin' APP mode... I noticed that you can make dual channel approaches with only one generator...and even with only one engine runnin'...Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it ain't supposed to be like that...Also, also...my speedbrakes indicator always indicates "speedbrakes armed" regardless of the position (extended or armed)...lights all off when speedbrakes/spoilers down...Hope somebody will answer my questions this time...Essono Fritz

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

"Don't know if somebody already talked about this in the forum...During a rejected take with autobrakes sel in "RTO"...the system doesn't apply brakes...had to apply these myself..."Hiyaaaa, Essono...This is a popular topic (try the AVSIM Advanced Search function ;-)).Just a few questions...1. What speed were you doing when you RTO'ed? (The aircraft has to be above a certain groundspeed for the RTO braking circuits to arm/energize).2. Did you pull your throttles to idle/disengage the A/T? (In PMDG, you may have to help this process along, I hear, by cancelling TOGA by right-clicking on the hidden TOGA clickspot)"Also...regardin' APP mode... I noticed that you can make dual channel approaches with only one generator...and even with only one engine runnin'... Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it ain't supposed to be like that..."I'm having trouble finding data on this in my maintenance manuals... PMDG may also have had similar problems ;-) "Also, also...my speedbrakes indicator always indicates "speedbrakes armed" regardless of the position (extended or armed)...lights all off when speedbrakes/spoilers down..."A forum search (perhaps using the word "ARMED") will also find you a wealth of information on this topic (I thought I commented on this one yesterday... or perhaps the day before?). On the ground, this appears to be a normal indication on the real aircraft (unless your particular airline manuals state otherwise ;-)). In the air, I can't promise you any reliable answers on this particular topic at this point. Remember that the 737NG is most unlike any other Boeing you or I may be familiar with."Hope somebody will answer my questions this time..."If no-one knows, I don't really see how anyone can answer you ;-)Cheers.Ian.

Thanx very much for the answers Ian !!!!Regarding your question of my RTOs...1. Speed was around 100-110kts...so the RTO braking system should be armed.2. I desengaged TOGA mode first...but it didn't help.I even tried several RTOs to see if I was doing something wrong...but until now I cannot really tell.This is what I do : Thrust lever back to idle, then quickly disengage TOGA (via shortcut on my X-45), apply reverse thrust...and brakes MANUALLY.Anyway, I will try again...there must be something wrong with my config."APP mode..."I was doing the quizz about "autoflight sys" on The 737 Tech Site. http://www.b737.org.uk/quiz_autoflight.htm Q55...This is where I based my poor knowledge about dual channel APP...but there's so many things I don't know so I'll let PMDG deal with it..."Speedbrakes..."Yup! I will try a search...For me...1. on ground, speedbrake lever EXT=ARMED green in the air, speedbrake lever EXT(FLT Detent)=ARMED green (why??) speedbrake lever ARMED=ARMED green.There no situation were I get the SPDBRAKE EXTENDED message..."If no-one knows, I don't really see how anyone can answer you ;-)"You're right about that...and now I understand...Regards.E. Fritz

Guest rici

Hi,The speedbrake armed light comes on when the speedbrake is in the 'armed' detent. The speedbrake extended light comes on whenever the the lever is moved passed this point. I noticed that the STAB OUT OF TRIM light does not work either. Is PMDG planning on fixing these things?richard

Ok... got it know...I'm totally dumb...It's in the manuals...AOM, page 52...SPEED BRAKE ARMED Light-Illuminated(green) - indicates valid automatic speed brake system inputs.It's so clear!!!E. Fritz

"The speedbrake extended light comes on whenever the the lever is moved passed this point."Not quite correct, Richard.The SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED light shows when all these conditions occur:Airplane is in the airSpeedbrake lever is more than 7.5 degrees*TE Flaps are more than 15 units or the altitude is less than 800'.There are fault situations where the SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED light illuminates on the ground, but I won't go into these (for my own sanity). :-)I haven't confirmed if PMDG is correct in this regard.Re STAB OUT OF TRIM.... Still trying to find this in my manuals (Standby!).Cheers.Ian.* The spoilers begin to move at 5~8 degrees. 4 degrees is ARMed.

Hi guys,Tossing in a small torch here ;-)Do we really have a SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED light on the NG? I remember some discussions within the beta team with the real-world NG drivers stating that the EXTENDED light didn't exist? That this was a relic from the DF734. But then again I could be wrong, it has happened before...lolCheers,

Hi!!!TOTALLY right !!!! No SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED light on the NG!!!Also made the confusion from DF734.. my bad..."That this was a relic from the DF734. But then again I could be wrong, it has happened before...lol"Right again...That's the reason why I said I was dumb.E. Fritz

...but brakes still don't apply automatically on RTOs...Any suggestion on this Mats??E. Fritz

Whoah there, guys....There is a SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED light on the NG. It's found on the F/O's panel ("P3"). It's mentioned in the Boeing 737NG maintenance manual (in great detail). Isn't it shown in the VC in PMDG? (I don't use the VC panel)As for the RTO braking, have you tried disconnecting TOGA first, then bringing back the throttles to idle? (as per recent forum suggestions)Cheers.Ian.

"As for the RTO braking, have you tried disconnecting TOGA first, then bringing back the throttles to idle? (as per recent forum suggestions)"...I not sure...anyway..will try after a re-install..."There is a SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED light on the NG. It's found on the F/O's panel ("P3"). It's mentioned in the Boeing 737NG maintenance manual (in great detail). Isn't it shown in the VC in PMDG? (I don't use the VC panel)"Didin't see a SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED light in the VC... but good to know the real one has one...Thanx Ian!E. Fritz

Okey...I've tried everything (I think...eh eh) but brakes still don't apply automatically on RTOs...I don't know if I am the only one in this situation??Did somebody else tried RTOs?? Does brakes system work ok??Anyway...I give up...I'll apply brakes manually...regards,E. Fritz

Does it work fine for you?? Did you try it??Please have a try and let me know the right procedure...Thanx for your reply Randy...Regards, Fritz

I think you have a point here, Fritz. I couldn't get it to work either (at least using the 737-700 w/- winglets and stairs in FS2002). I tried it with/without the A/T engaged. At various times the Autobrake switch even tripped to off for no reason at all.I have the vague feeling it was working in the early betas however.Something else for the mini patch perhaps?Cheers.Ian.