Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paragon

Need some help with the FMC.

Guest Paragon

My problem is this. Whenever I get close to the arrival airport ATC starts vectoring me away from the course I programmed in he FMC, which is fine, but I want to know if it's possible to skip the waypoints that I was supposed to go to, the ones just before ATC directed me away, and make the go-around course the next active waypoint. Does this make any sense at all?Do I have to enter the wind direction and speed into the FMC? I have no way of knowing this.ThanksMikkel

The "LEGS" menu on the FMC should allow you to modify your flightplan, although once being vectored for the approach I would use the MCP HDG and FLCH for any lateral or vertical changes.Bruce.

Guest Paragon

That's what I do...it's just that the FMC will continue to show the waypoint I missed when I was being directed away from the path. So I thought I might be able to skip the waypoints and make it seem like the next waypoint was the missed approach path./Mikkel

Guest quietwing

Another method would be while on vectors to set an intercept course to the next waypoint you expect to fly over on the approach, this will allow you to use lnav to track final.Hans