Sign in to follow this  
Guest peterpc12james

Just flew on a real NG today... &tips for you all

Guest peterpc12james

Just flew on SWA -700 from MHT-BWI-PBI. Almost as real as the PMDG version!!Golly. Again, the PMDG NG rocks. I must say, I have done a few things to increase my PMDG realism.- changing the forward_dir to a 7.5 in the panel.cfg- editing the apprh view to remove the side post, so when i drag the panel down to give me more ove the panel view, she's looking great!- increased the [generalenginedata]in the aircraft .cfg to a -.49 that gives me a more powerful reverse action and the BEST reverser sound in FS! I removed the usage of the standard reverse.wav in the sound folder, because it just doesn't sound right... yet, I replaced the standard reverse .wav with the standard default fs9 ban2t.wav, opened up sound recorder and used the reduce speed option one time.. now the ban2t.wav, slowed down one time gives a great dull, rumble at the same time the default engines "wind up" to a roar. A GREAT REVERSE SOUND with better effective reversing power. the default setting for reverse was just too anemic, as most FS planes are ....I use only the 2D model for cockpit as my machine is only a P1.5/Radeon 9700 machine.. but it is very very smoooth!! especially when not selecting the airport or station modes on the movin map for landins!

I am rubbing my eyes ..This got to be this famous Peter James !! Welcome.Just recently read a very interesting article in the Private Pilot Mag. about ferrying "green" PC-12 from Switzerland to Colorado. In the dead of winter.Michael J.

Guest Vangelis

Peter,One thing : Check your landing distance(s) before and after reverse alterations with the data below (AOM pg. 1.21.8) -- because we did when setting reverse, (auto) brakes etc. See if you get Cessna landing distances. Of course if you still go for the aural pleasure reverse by all means keep it the way you have it. Cheers,Vangelis===================================== Evangelos M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=========================================================================================================Autobrake Landing DistanceReference Landing Distance (FT)Landing Distance Adjustments (FT)AUTOBRAKESETTINGAPPROACH SPEED (KIAS) 100 110 120 130 140 150 1601 4420 5220 6080 7020 8020 9100 102302 3780 4440 5150 5920 6740 7620 85503 3050 3540 4070 4640 5250 5900 6580MAX AUTOBRAKE 2300 2630 2980 3360 3770 4250 4850SETTING ALTITUDE ADJUSTMENT PER 1000 FT ABOVE SEA LEVELTAILWIND ADJUSTMENT PER 10 KNOTSTEMP ADJUSTMENT PER 10

Guest rvdlaak

Hello Pete,Just wondering - when you say:"increased the in the aircraft .cfg to a -.49 that gives me a more powerful reverse action "what do I actually change to get this?many thanks in advance ...Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Peter,Very interesting what u did with the sound for the reversers. If not to much trouble, could I ask for you to send me the revised wav file via email along with the corrections needed in the sound cfg file? Many thanks. efisher2@cfl.rr.com

Eric