Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwojackson

assistance needed with PMDG 737NG

Guest cwojackson

Good Day Everyone,Please excuse my lack of familiarity and knowledge with the product and this forum. I'm relatively new to flight sim's so please excuse me.I was given FS9 for Christmas by my sons. A fantastic program. I recently purchased the PMDG 737 NG and installed it. I have no other add-on programs loaded except for the trail version of active camera.My computer is home made: A7NX2 motherboard with current bios, 1.5 Gb Ram, ATI Radeon 9800 XT graphics card, running Windows XP-Pro.Whenever I select any of the PMDG 737's FS2004 crashes to the desktop; no error message. I don't have this problem with any other aircraft.I've sent two e-mails requests for assistance to PMDG support and haven't received an answer in three days. I've searched this forum without finding an answer to my problem.Any assistance that can be provided is greatly appreciated. The 737 NG looks very interesting.Thanks...

Guest cwojackson

Thanks for your response and sorry about the signature thing.Yes, I did refer to that document and deleted the FS9 config file and all saved flights, although I had no previous versions of a PMDG product on the computer.I haven't been able to find anything in the CTD threads that relates (again, I'm pretty new to this) to selecting the PMDG 737 (any variant). I don't have any thing but the stock scenery loaded.The crash occurs after I've selected the 737 and the program is attempting to load the plane. The system thinks for a moment then quietly crashes out.Thanks...W.A. Jackson

W.A.Jackson-Check your mail when you have a minute..looks like we might have crossed paths while you were writing here....I sent you a list of things you might try...Hey- you might want to double check the email you sent us- the first one we received was early on Wednesday morning- but we did not run todays support until slightly after midnight EST...So that would mean you are missing a few from the previous two days?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest rvdlaak

I do not know if this will help - but one thing to minimise application starts on your machine when XP starts is to press and hold the shift key (I usually use the L-Shift) when loading UP XP (you can do this after the XP logo and before the desktop appears). This will stop any programs in the startup folder from loading and normally gives you that little more in terms of resources when loading the plane.I have a lot of things loaded on my machine and when I fly I tend to do this, which improves the performance of loading the PMDG planes.not a fix for your problem - but hopefully a worthwhile not :-].cheers,Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

W.A.I also had the same issue and its fairly simple to fix. When you create a flight with the PMDG do NOT click Fly Now so quickly. Watch the plane circle a couple of times in the display window before you hit start. There is some sort of memory failure if you click fly now too soon.Please try that and let us know.Tony

Guest radarbeam

Hey Tony,Great fix! I had this little problem that I had load the default Cessna first and then choose the NG when I was on the runway otherwise FS would crash, and now it's fixed. Thanks!Nick

Nick and Bob,So happy to hear that if fixed it. Hope it works for anyone else having the same problem. Still waiting to hear from W.A. who started this post but Im sure he will be pleased once he reads it.Happy Landings!Tony

Also, might have been in the list of things, be sure you load the PMDG737 from the 2D cockpit, not another view. Many complex planes require loading to the 2D cockpit, then change views. I have so many times flown a bit in the cessna using the 3D virtual cockpit, then go to switch planes only to find myself staring at the desktop.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)