Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcarlson123

Fuel Planner Utility, Beta 4 Released

Guest rcarlson123

Beta 4 is available now, which fixes a bug which caused an error similar to "Incorrect FS version" when trying to load fuel or read payload data via FSUIPC.Grab it here:http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/I'm currently working on having the center fuel tank always have the minimum required fuel.

Guest bigun

Thanks Ross. I use your fuel planner pretty much on every flight now.

Guest lbb

Hi Ross,Thanks for you work, I really appreciate it!However, if I may be so bold as to make one observation: I noticed that you can't enter a negative headwind. Would it be at all possible for you to think about adding that option (trying to be as polite as possible here and not sounding demanding :-) )Once again, thank you!Leo Bakker

Guest Hugo Frey

Thank you Ross!Now it works well with my FS2002. Great tool!Regards from LSZH

Guest rcarlson123

Hello Leo, please feel free to make suggestions at any time. :)I decided against supporting negative values for the headwind, since I feel there is something fundamentally unsafe about decreasing the amount of fuel you take along, based on something as unreliable as a weather forecast.In other words, it seems much more prudent to plan for the worst-case scenario (a headwind) and take more fuel than you may need, than it is to hope for a best-case scenario (a tailwind) and take less fuel, possibly forcing yourself to make an unscheduled fuel stop if the winds change.That being said, since I only fly little cessnas in the real world, and since I've only been flying airliners in MSFS for a few months now, perhaps I just don't understand how consistent the winds aloft are at the typical cruise levels for a 737. Are the winds up there consistently blowing in the same direction? I'd love to hear from some more experienced airliner pilots.

Guest merlin2

keep the (mum and dads fuel)if you have it you can use it.(bean counters 0 pilots life 10.Howard

Guest rcarlson123

Huh?

Guest rcarlson123

Version 1.2 is out now, which is no longer a beta, so the beta popup message is gone. This version loads the first 1,000 pounds of fuel into the center tank to meet Boeing requirements.http://www.metacraft.com/737NGFP/