Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 Resolution Q????

I have a GeForce 2Ti for some reason the highest resolution available is 1600 X 1024 X 32. I would like to run the sim at 1600 X 1600 X 32 is there anyway to get that resolution as an option?? Thanks!!!!!!!!

Guest RonB49

Why? Wouldn't everything look tall and skinny if a rectagular display is shown on a CRT with a square aspect ratio? R-

Guest TerryT

I am not sure, but I believe that your "Monitor" needs to be able to diplay that high of resolution too. Fancy card and plain monitor make for an average image.Terry

Guest gasebah

Well,I am running at 1600x1200x32. It looks absolutely great. But you should have at least a 19' monitor. Also check if the monitor has decent refresh rate at this resolution.If monitor and card have this resolution available and FS does not show it there are to ways to make it appear in the FS display setting menue.1. Set your desktop to 1600x1200x32 then start FS2002.or2. Open the FS2002.cfg. Somewhere there you will have the information about your display adaptor and the resolution. Adjust the text and save the FS2002.cfg. Start FS2002.Hope that helps.Alex

Rich your Monitor has to support the kind of resolution then it will display it am sure the geforce can go that high but you have to check how high your Monitor can go check that at there website good luck

Guest sgreenwood

RichB,I don't know if 1600x1600x32 is possible, or desireable, but you should be able to get at least 1600x1200x32, assuming your system can be set to 1600x1200x32 in the Display Control Panel applet. The following may help.You can change the setting in the cfg file, but as soon as the sim has to reload textures, scenery,... it reverts to the setting in the hardware menu!In my situation, there was a problem somewhere in the information the sim uses at startup when determining the resolutions available (which I could not locate). I suggest the following steps - in order of severity! Reboot and check the sim after each step.[pre][big] * reinstall video drivers * reinstall dx8.1 * reinstall fs2002 * reinstall windows[/big][/pre]I don't know which solved my problem, but I now have 1600x1200x32 listed as a hardware option again.Good luck,Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

Guest PaulL01

>Why? Wouldn't everything look tall and skinny if a >rectagular display is shown on a CRT with a square aspect >ratio? That might be true >if< your monitor was square but it like the 1600x1200 resolution, has a 1 : 1.333 aspect ratio which is the same for:640x480800x6001024x7681152x8641280x960Take Care,

If you only have a 32Mb card,1600x1200x32 is not possible. Try 1600x1200x16 that should work.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have a 19" Vivitron 1900 monitor and I checked the desktop display properties and my top option is 1600 x 1024 x 32. So in the end I guess my monitor doesn't support 1600 x 1600 x 32.