Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

Lights

Guest rici

Hiya,well as I have said in previous posts, what a fantastic product! I cannot think of anything that needs really working on! Apart from the lighting, that is. The lighting is a bit disapointing, I feel. At the moment, during day its fine, obviously. At dawn and dusk however, even with the light switch in the 'on' position, the lights do not come on, yet it is still too dark to see either in the cabin, or in the cockpit. As your VC is so great, that is were I spend all my time because it is so much more realistic, yet I cannot see. Also, only the 'red' light is featured.In the next product releases is it possible to feature three stages of lighting like dreamfleet has? I mean, off, instrument back lighting only, and then full flood lighting. I would be great if it came on all the time instead of just at night too!In other words, have the cabin lit up at anytime, the cockpit lit up at any time with either backlighting or flood lighting.I know that you are planning to increase the functionality in the next release, please don't forget the lighting!(I may be pushing my luck here but: In the 'Fly' series, the panels were all individualy controlled, like on the real thing. Any chance of featuring that?)Anyway, I hope to hear from you!Richard

Guest chris_1981

Hi there,Despite I really adore your product and especially the VC (I fly in the VC most of the time) Richard is totally right!Let's illustrate it with a picture (see attachment).The lightning of the PFD and ND during night is how it should be during the day. The lower half of the picture shows the situation when the light switches off by itselve. You don't see a thing.Could you implement an option of brightness control, just as you can do with the FMC, there it is possible. And the things Richard suggested....I hope you can do something about the lightning, it could make the VC even better!Thanks,Christiaan Gorter

Guest lbb

Hi guys,Just wanted to let you know I'm in on this one with you. Especially the individual lighting options sounds attractive. I do consider this sim the best for FS so far, however I have to admit I liked the individual lighting options that were available with the DF737.And while we're at it (really really REALLY pushing my luck here): in the KLM 738 sim one of the most visually attractive moments was the light test. Any chance of that ever being modelled?Leo Bakker

Guest chris_1981

Could someone of PMDG please comment on these remarks?I know you are very busy with the developement of other products,but I think the VC light is an important issue.When the sun is in your back, the lightning is rather OK, but when the sun isn't shining on the panel (VC), the lightning is so sparse that you can't see the instruments, especially in dawn and dusk when the panel lightning switches off by itself.....Please let us know if you are planning to do something about this.Thank you,Christiaan